Homemade Flour Tortillas

This easy Homemade Flour Tortilla recipe is the best tasting flour tortillas I have ever eaten and far better than store-bought. You only need 3 ingredients to make this very versatile recipe. And, it’s likely you already have the ingredients in your pantry!

Homemade Flour Tortilla

Homemade Flour Tortillas are great for making your favorite Mexican recipes. My family’s favorite recipe for me to make with these homemade flour tortillas is this Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce!

The first time I made homemade flour tortillas

The first time I ever made homemade flour tortillas was in my 9th grade home economics class. I loved them then, but making homemade tortillas wasn’t my thing when I was that young. Lucky for me, I had given my mom the recipe and I was able to get it from her so I could make them.

This recipe is so simple to make. It doesn’t matter if you have a tortilla press or not. They do make the work a little easier (I now own one).

Rolling the flour tortillas out with a rolling pin works just as well. They may not be perfectly round, but they will still be delicious.

orignial photo of homemade flour tortillas

What you need to make this 3 ingredient tortilla recipe

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.

This is one of the easiest recipes to make. I promise, once you have made this homemade flour tortilla recipe, you will never want to buy them in the store again! You only need

All-Purpose Flour

Shortening: You can use vegetable shortening, lard, butter, bacon fat or oil.

Salt

Tortilla Press or Wooden Rolling Pin

Cast Iron Skillet or large cast iron griddle: I highly recommend the cast iron as it heats evenly and holds heat well. You want the tortillas to cook quickly without getting crisp and I feel the cast iron does the best job.

tortilla dough in a mixing bowl

Tips for making homemade flour tortillas

• To keep your hands clean, use a pastry blender to cut the shortening into the flour. If you don’t have a pastry blender, you can use a fork.
  • Work the shortening into the flour until you have pea-sized crumbs.
  • Use warm water to aid in dissolving the salt better. Be sure the salt has dissolved into the water before using it.
  • Handle the dough as lightly and little as possible. Don’t over stir or knead it too much.
  • Don’t skip the 30 minute rest time for the dough. This allows the gluten to relax and will make the dough easier to shape and roll.

How to shape the tortilla dough

with a tortilla press:

beginning to shape the dough into a tortilla on a floured board with a rolling pin

If you are using a tortilla press, you will need to also have two pieces of parchment paper. Place one piece of paper on the press, the dough ball in the center, another piece of parchment on top of the dough. Then press.

Lift the tortilla press, and flip the tortilla over (still sandwiched between the parchment. Press firmly one more time. Then remove the tortilla and proceed to cook.

by hand:

tortilla rolled out to size on floured board

Place a ball of dough on a floured surface. Knead the ball a couple of times to bring it into a round shape.

I roll each tortilla as I am cooking. While one is in the skillet, I roll out the next one. Be sure to roll the tortilla as thin as possible and rotate the tortilla as you are rolling to keep it in a circle shape.

for both methods:

Once the cooking starts, you need to work quickly. It only takes a few minutes in a very hot skillet for the flour tortilla to cook. As they finish cooking, stack them in a cotton kitchen towel and then cover them to keep them warm and to stop them from drying out.

Storing tortillas

If you have a large family and you are making homemade flour tortillas for a meal, or to make another recipe then you won’t need to worry about storage. However, since we are a household of two, we will not consume all 12 in one sitting. Therefore I need to store them until we are ready to eat them again.

This can be done by sealing them in a vacuum-sealed bag and freezing them. Or, if you plan to eat them throughout the week, you can place them in an airtight gallon-sized zip bag and keep them in your refrigerator.

Overhead view of homemade flour tortillas on a red and white towel

How to reheat a tortilla

When you are ready to enjoy your flour tortillas, all you need to do is wrap them in a towel and place them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

If you are only reheating one tortilla, just wrap it up and give it 10-15 seconds. Much longer will “cook” the tortilla and make it stiff when it cools down. You only want to heat it enough to make it pliable.

How to enjoy this recipe

I love to serve this recipe for Grilled Avocado with Cilantro Lime Cream with a side of tortillas that have been also warmed on the grill!

Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream

This Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burrito is absolutely delicious in a homemade flour tortilla. These are completely portable and reheat easily, so they are great to take when you are on the run out the door to head to work.

Grumpy loves these Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeno Cream Sauce and I admit, I’m a huge fan of them also!

Overhead view of two Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce on a white plate

These Chipotle Butternut Squash Enchiladas are a delicious casserole made with homemade flour tortillas that have a delicious sweet and spicy flavor.

I like to make my own tortilla chips by baking these homemade flour tortillas in the oven with a little salt and butter spray until crispy. Then I serve them up with this tasty Homemade Salsa Recipe for Canning!

Pinnable Image for Homemade Flour Tortilla

*if you made these homemade flour tortillas, please give them a star rating*

Homemade Flour Tortillas
Yield: 12 tortillas

Homemade Flour Tortillas

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Rest Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 52 minutes

There is nothing better than a homemade flour tortilla! Enjoy them as tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas and more!

Ingredients

• 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup very warm tap water

Instructions

1. Combine flour and shortening in a large mixing bowl. Work the shortening in with a pastry blender or your fingers until completely incorporated.
  2. Dissolve the salt in the water and pour about 2/3 cup of it over the dry ingredients. Immediately work it in with a fork. The dough will be in large clumps. If all the dry ingredients haven't been dampened, add the rest of the liquid.
  3. Scoop the dough onto your work surface and knead until smooth.
  4. Divide the dough into 12 portions and roll each into a ball. Set them on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and let rest at least 30 minutes.
  5. Heat a large skillet or ungreased griddle over medium to medium-high heat.On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough into a 7-inch circle. Flatten a ball of dough, flour it, then roll forward and back across it, rotating a sixth of a turn and roll forward and back again. Continue until it is a 7-inch circle. Flour tortilla as needed while rolling.
  6. Lay the tortilla on the hot griddle. After 30-45 seconds, when brown splotches show underneath, flip it over. cook another 30-45 seconds more, until the other side is browned. Do not overcook or the tortilla will become crisp.
  7. Remove and wrap in a clean kitchen towel. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and stack them on top of each other.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Serving Size

Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 3mgSodium 153mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 3g

Nutrition information as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. Marthe May 19, 2010 at 9:49 am - Reply

These look amazing!! I love fajitas, but have always been lazy and used store-bought tortillas….

2. Jamie May 19, 2010 at 10:47 am - Reply

Let's see… 30 years ago you were in 9th grade, so that makes you…younger than I am! Blah! So pass these super yummy looking fajitas, yes, I'll have two… and your tortillas are just perfect!

3. Sinful Southern Sweets May 19, 2010 at 11:57 am - Reply

I've never made homemade tortillas, but you have inspired me to give it a try. They look great!!

4. Tupper Cooks! May 19, 2010 at 1:03 pm - Reply

Let's see, 30 years ago…….. I was a junior @SUNY Oswego. Time flies when you're having fun! Homemade tortillas look great!

5. Cristine May 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm - Reply

Hahahaha… I was just surprised to hear you were making Mexican food! 🙂 Glad Grumpy ate it!

I need to try my hand at tortillas… I've never made them!

6. pegasuslegend May 19, 2010 at 1:34 pm - Reply

so glad you posted these cant wait to get back from NY to try these looks fantastic`

7. Frieda May 19, 2010 at 2:37 pm - Reply

Hooray! I'm happy to see that you have made homemade tortillas….there is nothing better than a soft, warm tortilla ~ Great job!

8. Here is the one we love, Mr. too! It's not spicy though, but you could add some heat.

Fast-to-Fix Fajitas
    (from healthy meals in minutes, BUT also found a very similar copy of it on a south beach recipe site)

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    2 medium red bell peppers, cut into wide strips
    1 large red onion, cut into wedges
    2 medium tomatoes, chopped, divided
    1/2 cup chopped green onion
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, divided
    8 tortillas

In a shallow glass dish, combine lime juice, oil, and spices. Mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade. Add chicken to dish; turn to coat. Cover dish with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat broiler. Drain the chicken; place on broiler pan. Discard marinade in dish. Broil 3 inches from heat, basting with the reserved marinade and turning once, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Place chicken on a plate and cover to keep warm.

Place bell peppers and red onion on broiler pan. Broil until lightly charred, turning once, about 8 minutes.

Cut chicken into strips; place in a large bowl. Add broiled vegetables, 1 cup of tomatoes, green onion, and 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Mix gently. Divide the tortillas among serving plates. Top with chicken mixture. Fold tortillas to enclose filling. Serve with remaining tomatoes and cilantro.

9. Barbara Bakes May 19, 2010 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Luckily we all like Mexican at our house. I'll have to try this tortilla recipe.

10. teresa May 19, 2010 at 4:59 pm - Reply

oh my goodness, i LOVE homemade tortillas, this looks incredible!

11. Rachel May 19, 2010 at 5:10 pm - Reply

30 years ago…err..yet to come into the world 🙂
    Perfectly done mexican feast..

12. Carrian May 19, 2010 at 6:44 pm - Reply

your tortillas look beautiful! I can't ever get mine to work. I need to give this a try.

13. Bellini Valli May 19, 2010 at 9:22 pm - Reply

I am trying to the math here Shelby, it seems we are the same age if you were in Grade 9 when you last made tortillas. I remember making things like pudding and macaroni and cheese:D

14. Mags May 19, 2010 at 11:38 pm - Reply

Home tortillas… I'm impressed!

I don't think I've ever made fajitas at home. That's something we usually order when we eat out.

15. honeyb May 20, 2010 at 3:28 am - Reply

We love fajitas. But I've never made homemade tortillas. They look great.

I always just do chicken, red/green (or whatever color I have, peppers with unmeasured amounts of chili powder and cumin, a little lime juice, and cilantro.
    I personally hate onions, but my husband loves them. When I'm feeling nice, I make them in two pans, some with onions for him.

16. theUngourmet May 20, 2010 at 5:26 am - Reply

My mom always make handmade tortillas. I make them every once in a while. There's nothing better! I love fajitas but I don't think to make them for some reason. We eat soft tacos, burritos or enchiladas at least once or twice a week. I think I'd better whip up some fajitas this weekend! 😉

17. Coleen's Recipes May 20, 2010 at 7:38 am - Reply

Fanastic!! GREAT job.

18. Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog May 20, 2010 at 4:41 pm - Reply

Wonderful tortillas and the fajita is awesome…may be you've changed your opinion about Mex food 😉

Cheers,

Gera

19. Kait May 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm - Reply

The homemade tortillas look wonderful. The next time I make fajitas I will definitely remember to check out Rick's recipe. One of my favorite fillings was purchased at a local Mexican grocery store. The meat and vegetables were already marinated. All I had to do was take it home and cook it. 🙂

20. Lynda May 21, 2010 at 1:00 am - Reply

I've never tried making homemade tortillas; too lazy I think. 🙂
    I'm going to give these a try though because I know they'll be yummy!

21. Mrs4444 May 22, 2010 at 3:32 am - Reply

Great–It's 10:30pm, and my mouth is watering!

22. Rachel & Dan May 24, 2010 at 10:57 pm - Reply

Great idea to make tortillas!! I use this recipe for fajitas:

Great idea to make tortillas!! I use this recipe for fajitas: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/fajitas-recipe2/index.html

it is so flavorful and has the perfect amount of spice! It's also fun to make 🙂

23. Dawn (KitchenTravels) May 25, 2010 at 2:14 pm - Reply

Very nice photos, and your tortillas look incredible! I will definitely have to give these a try. We like to set up "build your own" fajitas at the dinner table, with bowls of toppings (salsa, guac, roasted corn, onions, sour cream, etc.) so everyone can customize their own. Grilled fish or shrimp sprinkled with lime, garlic, cumin, chili powder and S&P are two of my favorites! 🙂

24. Sophia May 25, 2010 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Great looking tortilla. Try this recipe. It's what I use for fajita fillings!

Marinated grilled chicken is piled into warm tortillas and topped with a bold cheese sauce, chunky Salsa, green onions and buttery avocado.

* 1/4 C. Italian salad dressing
    * 6 boneless chicken breast halves
    * 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Cheddar Cheese Soup
    * 1/2 C. Pace® Chunky Salsa
    * 12 (8") Mission® Fajita Size Flour Tortillas, warmed
    * 4 green onions, thinly sliced
    * 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced (optional)

Directions

Pour dressing into shallow nonmetallic dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 min., turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill or broil chicken 15 min. or until done, turning once. Mix soup and salsa in saucepan. Heat through. Slice chicken into thin strips and place down center of each tortilla. Top with onions, avocado and soup mixture. Fold tortilla around filling. Makes 12 fajitas.

Let me know what you think! 🙂

~Sophia

25. Jessica August 8, 2012 at 11:56 pm - Reply

just made these tonight! not the same taste as store bought tortillas, but that was to be expected. these were still delicious for mini quesadillas! the only problems I ran into were not having a rolling pin to roll them out (being a college student, my kitchen isn't very well stocked!) still delicious and easy =]

• Paula February 4, 2017 at 7:56 pm - Reply

You can always use a heavy smooth glass (don’t press down too hard), or even a jar of pickles or salsa, or can of veggies…you get the idea. Just try wrapping the item you use in plastic wrap or even aluminium foil so you don’t have a dirty label smooshing into your tortillas. Or you could just lay the plastic wrap or foil over the tortillas instead of trying to wrap your choice of “rolling pin”. That might be easier.

My Grandma gave me a set of cookbooks for Christmas when I was in the 6th grade and the Mexican Cookbook had a recipe to make tortillas at home. I had no idea that was even possible! I made them and they were so good, I ate them all myself before anyone even knew I made them. (:

26. Trisha August 16, 2012 at 7:48 pm - Reply

If I wanted to freeze some for later, should I freeze them before or after cooking??

27. Muriel August 27, 2012 at 11:18 pm - Reply

I made these for supper tonight and they were amazing! The flavor was much better than store-bought. A little time-consuming so next time I will cook on the griddle and make a double batch and freeze extras. Also, I didn't have a rolling pin, so I pressed them out with my hands and it worked fine.

28. What a Dish! September 2, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

I'm going to try your recipe- I actually saw this on Pinterest but the credit wasn't your blog, just Google, for some reason, but luckily I knew it was you from the watermark. Love the pic, btw. Anyway, these look so good and I've only ever made thick and puffy flour tortillas; I want to make some thin ones! Will try this soon! 😉

29. Kim September 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm - Reply

I've been meaning to make my own tortillas forever, I've just been too hesitant to try it. I'm going to tough it out and try though! Thanks for the recipe!

30. Anonymous October 11, 2012 at 10:39 pm - Reply

Made these tonight for soft tacos…yummy! Tasted awesome with honey & cinnamon too!

31. Anonymous October 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm - Reply

Love this recipe thank you for sharing it. I've used it 2 now. Once with shortening once with butter. Try substituting the shortening for butter the flavor is delicious!

32. Anonymous October 17, 2012 at 11:21 pm - Reply

These sound wonderful, I'm looking forward to trying them out. We love mexican food. For my filling I either use Goya brand marinade OR World Harbors Fajita marinade.

33. Chivacis December 31, 2012 at 5:26 am - Reply

You can use the flour tortilla recipe and fry them up and dust both sides with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon (buñelos) aka fried elephant ears. Fry them up right after you press out…from dough consistency. Super delicious …..it's a Tex-mex New Years Eve tradition at our home. My mom added a small amount of baking soda and baking powder…..awh the awesome memories. Enjoy your buñelos!

34. Chivacis December 31, 2012 at 5:34 am - Reply

You can also enjoy the flour tortilla as a dessert….simply fry up the pressed tortilla, dust tortilla with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and enjoy. Buñelos are a New Years Eve Tex-mex tradition at my house. Just an FYI … My mom added a bit of baking soda and baking powder to her flour tortilla mixture. Awh….memories. Thanks for recipe …. And yes you can freeze tortilla after they are pressed out…just place wax paper between each tortilla and freeze.

35. Lillian (My Recipe Journey) January 9, 2013 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Hi Shelby!!! This is Lillian from AR Allstars! I just found your blog on Pinterest…and I'm so glad I did! Great blog! I'll was looking at this tortilla recipe! I've been thinking about trying them too!

36. Anonymous January 11, 2013 at 5:08 am - Reply

I love home made flour tortillas. In the south, we have gravy and biscuits. When I went to Mexico, I ate home made tortillas, scrambled eggs, and refried beans. It is pretty much the same equivilant Yum yum..

37. Anonymous January 21, 2013 at 11:55 pm - Reply

Very Quick and Easy:
    -Saute onions and peppers in olive oil.
    -Add a lot of chili powder and cumin, a little paprika and garlic powder. (I add Cayenne Pepper for an extra kick)
    – Add chunks of raw chicken and saute until the chicken is done.

38. Anonymous February 13, 2013 at 4:17 am - Reply

i don't have veggie shortening, so will veggie oil work? thanks elizabeth

• honeyb February 13, 2013 at 9:43 am - Reply

I don't recommend using oil.

39. Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 6:27 pm - Reply

I have mine setting up now. I plan on using the tortillas for grilled cheeseburger wraps. Can't wait to try them since I love homemade foods.

40. Lyn Turner April 27, 2013 at 10:34 am - Reply

Just wondering if I can use unbleached white flour instead of all purpose? Does it make a difference? I have a lot of unbleached white flour at home and it barely gets used. 🙂

Thanks

• honeyb April 29, 2013 at 2:05 pm - Reply

I think using unbleached white flour would work just as well. Good luck!

41. Anonymous May 20, 2013 at 2:43 am - Reply

How long do these last? Can you freeze them?

• honeyb May 28, 2013 at 9:47 am - Reply

To be honest, they don't last long 😉 We usually have them eaten within a week. However, I'm sure they would freeze well if you think you can't eat them up within a week.

42. Anonymous July 17, 2013 at 4:09 pm - Reply

I always had the impression these were hard to make….. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm going to have to try these! Do you happen to have a Corn Tortilla recipe?

43. Anonymous July 18, 2013 at 3:29 pm - Reply

In 9th grade 30 years ago? ha, lets see that would be 49 years for me, now that is old! Retirement is my prize, lol.
    now that I have made up my own taco seasoning mix, and my family loves it, I can make my own shells too…and people said I would get bored when I retired bwaahahahaa…fatter maybe but never bored.

44. Kala Collins July 24, 2013 at 7:23 pm - Reply

I'm super excited to try these!!!

45. Kala Collins July 24, 2013 at 7:23 pm - Reply

I'm super excited to try these!!!

46. Michelle July 27, 2013 at 8:01 pm - Reply

I've been wanting to make flour tortillas on my own for a while now. The ones we like are across the border and with how things are now it's just not wise to go unless you absolutely have to. Thanks for the recipe!

Flour tortillas are like bread to mexicans, you can eat it with anything. Whether in taco form, burritos, or a an eating utensil. One thing that I LOVE with flour tortillas is barbacoa! Basically it's beef but more specifically the head area of the cow. We make it at home all the time now since we figured out how easy it really was!

We usually go to the grocery store the evening before and buy a cow tongue…yes i know it looks gross but it taste sooo good. Then around 10pm we take out the crock pot and place the tongue in there with skin and all plus salt and pepper to taste. Leave it on low all night long. It should be ready about 8am. You just cut into the skin and inside will be this juicy dark meat that goes great with Queso fresco, cilantro, etc.. Any way you like it. It's common to buy breakfast or lunch tacos here in southern Texas.

47. Jennifer Martin August 9, 2013 at 10:18 pm - Reply

Just made these and they were delicious! My family won't let me go back to the store bought!!!

48. Jennifer Martin August 9, 2013 at 10:20 pm - Reply

I just made these tonight – and they were super delicious!!!! We eat mexican & tex-mex a lot in our house and now my family will not let me go back to the store bought variety!! – Now how to figure out how to freeze them……

49. Heather October 19, 2013 at 8:36 pm - Reply

I pinned this awhile back, the ingredients and directions were in the description of the post so I never clicked the link, today I did to figure out what I was doing wrong, in the descriptions or said to use 1 cup of vegetable oil!!!! No

50. Anonymous October 23, 2013 at 8:13 pm - Reply

I'm on my second round pf these– the first batch went in less than a day! For fajitas, I use cumin, chipotle chili pepper powder, salt, black pepper, garlic. Adjust to your desired spice/smokiness level, sprinkle the seasoning on your meat or chicken, give it a little rub, let it sit, and then fry up with some slice onion and red bell pepper. Simple but delicious!

51. Patty Anderson March 5, 2014 at 12:35 pm - Reply

I saved this recipe as I purchased a Tortilla press last summer at a flea market and haven't used it yet. Liking this is from Rick Bayless – he's king.

52. Karissa March 5, 2014 at 9:06 pm - Reply

Yum! These tortillas look really great. I always use Tortilla Land uncooked tortillas since I haven't quite figured out how to roll them thin enough, but I'll have to give your recipe a try! As for fajitas, I LOVE this fajita marinade!!! It works equally well with both chicken and steak. Check it out!
    -Karissa

53. Bellaisa May 14, 2014 at 2:28 pm - Reply

I do make my own, but I don't use shortening. I just use flour, salt, water, and baking powder. Will have to try this one and see what the taste difference is.

54. Julie Green June 10, 2014 at 10:47 pm - Reply

I lived in Arizona for nearly 8 years and people used to come into my workplace selling homemade tortillas. OMG! They were fantastic! I have never found any since returning home to the midwest. I will try these then next time I make one of my favorite mexican recipes. I can't wait!

55. Anonymous May 19, 2015 at 2:18 am - Reply

Made these tonight and they were delicious! Thanks so much for the recipe!

56. Welcome Wednesday | August 26, 2015 at 2:46 pm - Reply

[…]     Flour Tortillas (Orignal […]

57. Yvonne April 24, 2016 at 12:54 am - Reply

Can I use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil?

• Shelby April 24, 2016 at 6:42 am - Reply

Hi Yvonne, yes, I think you could use coconut oil and that’s a great thought! I may have to try the recipe with coconut oil myself!

58. Connie Trujillo September 5, 2016 at 3:19 pm - Reply

Where is the Baking Powder to make them “bubble” and Rise??????

• Shelby September 6, 2016 at 6:16 am - Reply

Connie, no baking powder is needed 🙂

59. Alison May 23, 2017 at 6:13 pm - Reply

Can you refrigerate these?

• Shelby May 24, 2017 at 5:20 am - Reply

Hi Alison, yes, you can refrigerate these and you can also freeze them. Thanks for asking!

60. Miriah October 22, 2019 at 11:33 am - Reply

61. […] to eat it yet. That is where these Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burritos come in handy! Made with my Homemade Flour Tortilla, these are a sturdy and delicious breakfast wrap the whole family will […]

62. […] This is our favorite brand for nachos. Feel free to make your own if you wish. I have made my own homemade flour tortillas, then made chips with them. It all depends on what you have for time when it comes right down to […]

63. […] meat. Season a pound of meat with 1 to 11-1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Use taco seasoned meat in homemade tortillas or as a part of a taco […]

64. Sue March 25, 2020 at 8:13 am - Reply

Will leaving the salt alter anything (except the taste)? My husband is on a low-salt diet, and I’m always looking for ways to eliminate it in the things we eat.

• Shelby Law Ruttan March 26, 2020 at 7:46 am - Reply

Hi Sue, You could leave the salt out. I don’t think it alters anything but the taste. Be sure to not skip the 30 minute rest period though. That’s pretty important. Thanks for stopping by!

65. […] 3 Ingredient Flour Tortilla Recipe […]