This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DeliciousSpeaksForItself #RaosHomemade #CollectiveBias
Low Carb Spicy Shrimp Tortilla Soup is ready in under 30 minutes and full of low carb goodness. This easy to make shrimp soup recipe was a huge hit with Grumpy and me! The vibrant flavor comes from the combination of fresh vegetables, chili spices, and Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce! Top it off with your favorite toppings and enjoy! With only 7 net carbs per serving, you can't go wrong by making this delicious soup for your family tonight!
I love the fall. Initially, I am sad when it arrives. I love summer also. I think the summer and fall are my two favorite seasons. However, fall turns into winter, and that is one season I can do without! So, to make me warm and happy all fall and winter long, I comfort myself with warm satisfying meals!
Shrimp Soup, the secret to comfort!
Today's recipe will give you that warmth and comfort you are looking for. The spicy warmth will have you feeling cozy in no time and the flavor will have your taste buds begging for more!
To keep it lower carb, I substituted mushrooms for the bean you find in a tortilla soup. You could also use chopped cauliflower if you don't like mushrooms. I went with mushrooms felt there would be more substance in the soup than there would be if I had used with cauliflower.
Let me tell you a little bit aboutRao's Homemade Marinara Sauce. I first came across this product when I started following the keto diet. It was a great fit macro wise and when I tasted it I was hooked. This sauce is a made with ingredients you can find right in your kitchen. It is all natural with no artificial flavors, color, or sweeteners. I love it and it has been my go-to sauce since I discovered it last year.
What I love about this Spicy Shrimp Tortilla Soup
- It is made in one pot in under 30 minutes!
- It is full of delicious homemade flavor.
- You can make it as spicy (or not) as you want.
- It is low carb!
- It is gorgeous. I mean, just look at the photos. Are you drooling yet?
The secret to making a delicious soup is in the sauce!
Several years ago, my former daughter in law brought chili to our home and it was so good that I had to make her recipe. When she told me what her secret ingredient was I was surprised and wondered why hadn't I thought of that! Her secret was marina sauce! Since then I have used it myself in making chili. It saves on simmering time and adds so much flavor to your pot! You can also use Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce in your family recipes for lasagna, goulash, and pizza sauce as well as this Low Carb Spicy Tortilla Shrimp Soup!
I am so happy to share that you can find Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce in the spaghetti sauce aisle at Walmart! Make sure to pick some up next time your there to make this soup (recipe below) or create a family recipe of your own!
Pin Spicy Shrimp Tortilla Soup and share it with your friends!
Spicy Shrimp Tortilla Soup
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- ¼ cup onion diced
- ¼ cup celery diced
- ¼ cup carrots diced
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2-½ cups Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a large soup pot, melt ghee over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, and mushrooms to ghee and cook about 5 minutes, until vegetables are translucent and mushrooms have released their water.
- Sprinkle cumin, chili, chipotle, and garlic powder over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth and Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce to vegetables. Cover and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and lime juice. Stir to combine. Cover soup pot and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot with desired toppings.
- This recipe makes a large volume of soup. The nutrition information is calculated for 4 servings for a main dish but can also serve up to 6 people as an appetizer. Net Carbs: 7
- Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.