My first vegan made Maple Cornbread Muffin - and it turned out so good! I'm totally impressed with how these are light, slightly crumbly - not heavy and dense, like many of my other cornbread muffin recipes seem to turn out. Oh, and did I mention sweet? Yeah, I'm a northerner. I like my muffins on the sweeter side!
I made these to go with my vegan chili that I made to have this week. Yes, I will probably be eating chili all week long - and these muffins. I'd actually like to wolf another one of these muffins down tonight, but that wouldn't be good for my diet! The recipe was very simple and it came from Vegetarian Times. I halved the recipe so I would only get 6 muffins. I certainly didn't need 12 muffins hanging around the house with me!
Next time you're out of eggs - or if you just want to make this recipe (and you should because it is awesome!) try this out!
- ½ cup plain almond milk
- ⅛ cup smart balance margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup stone-ground cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels (I cut them from the cob - you can use thawed frozen corn though)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 6 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together almond milk, margarine, maple syrup, and vinegar in small bowl. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture. Fold in corn kernels.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Serve warm - but great cold too!
MAPLE CORNBREAD MUFFINS - PIN IT!
I love corn bread!
From one northerner to another, yes, cornbread must be sweet!
They look delicious Shelby.
i love it when corn muffins have real kernels of corn in it. it's such a fun addition, these look great!
Great job on the vegan muffin Shelby. I love corn muffins but have never tried it the vegan way. Thanks for sharing with us.
Those look really good, especaily for being Vegan! Good for you!
The Mom Chef
They do look incredible. I like a hint of sweetness in my cornbread too (and I live in the south!). Thanks for sharing your recipe.
With fresh corn in season, these would be perfect! I've never made a vegan muffin either!
These would be fantastic with your chili Shelby. Perhaps Grumpy will move over to the "dark side" and learn to love it too:D
5 Star Foodie
These look so fluffy and delicious! And healthy too!
They look great, Shelby!