These Stove-Top Baby Back Ribs are started on your stove and then finished on the grill or in your oven! These delicious and tender bbq ribs is an easy recipe that is delicious fall off the bone tender!
Get ready to be the star of dinner! Serve these Baby Back Ribs up with some Pasta Salad with Cream Parmesan Dressing as a side and some Black Forest Brownies for or Apple Pie dessert and your family will leave the table happy and satisfied!
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ Making your own baby back ribs is far more budget friendly than eating out.
✔️ Cooking the ribs on the stove top first makes them super tender.
✔️ It is an easy stove top ribs recipe that can be finished in the oven or on the grill.
Baby back ribs, pork ribs
Salt and pepper to season the ribs
BBQ Sauce, This is the sauce I used.
Place the ribs in a large pot covered with water and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Place pot on the stove top over medium high heat and bring ribs to a boil. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer ribs for 1 hour, until tender.
To finish ribs in the oven:
Prepare baking sheet by covering with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place boiled ribs on baking sheet and brush with as much BBQ sauce as you want on the bottom side. Broil for 5 minutes. Remove ribs from the oven, using a pair of tongs, flip the ribs over. Coat with more bbq sauce and return to the oven to broil for 5 minutes more, ot until ribs are hot and bbq sauce is sizzling.
To finish ribs on the grill.
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Coat bottom of ribs with bbq sauce and place on hot grill and cook or 5 minutes. While ribs are cooking on the bottom side, coat the top side of ribs with bbq sauce. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more.
Brush with more sauce on the top side of the ribs before removing from the grill if desired.
Sheet pan or grill
Store leftover ribs in the fridge in an airtight container up to 4 days.
- Use cold water when covering the ribs in the stock pot.
- The heat should be on medium high and the stock pot should be covered with the lid when bringing the water to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and only simmer the ribs for the 1 hour
- Watch the ribs carefully when finishing them off in the oven or on the grill.
- Since they are already cooked, they will tend to fall apart easily if you are not careful when turning them.
📚 Related Recipes
Stove Top Fruit Crisp is a quick and easy and delicious dessert.
I love to make this Wine Braised Short Rib Keto Pizza whenever I have any leftover beef short ribs.
Grilled Reuben Burgers on Buttered Rye Toast is my favorite sandwich made with a beef burger cooked on the grill.
🍽 Serve with…
Baby back ribs are great for picnics with your family and friends. Some side dishes I love to serve with them are Keto Broccoli Salad or a delicious Tomato Avocado Salad Stack! I also love this recipe for Keto Deviled Egg Cauliflower Salad (think potato salad but with cauliflower and eggs!)
🏫 The last word
These are called Stove-Top Baby Back Ribs because the ribs are simmered on the stove first, making the meat super tender to start. They are finished off with some barbecue sauce on either the grill or in the oven, long enough to crisp them up and give them some grill marks!
I have finished the ribs both ways. Sometimes the grill is not always convenient to use I will finish them in the oven underneath the broiler.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Stove-top to Grill Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack of baby back ribs cut into 3 sections
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- Place the ribs in a large pot covered with water and seasoned with salt and pepper. Bring ribs to a boil, turn heat down and simmer ribs until tender, about 1 hour.
- While ribs are simmering, prepare baking sheet by covering with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. When ribs are cooked, remove from pot, place on baking sheet and slather with as much BBQ sauce as you want on the bottom side.
- Place on hot grill and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Slather more sauce on the top side of the ribs before removing from the grill if desired.