Last week I found some fingerling potatoes in the grocery. I think this is the first time I have ever seen them in our area! So, naturally, when I saw them, I grabbed them right up! I had to try them. Besides, they were cute! :0)
I thought just roasting them with fresh rosemary, olive oil, salt & pepper would be a great way to try these out for the first time. They were delicious! But then again, what potato isn't delicious?
1 lb. fingerling potatoes
2 stalks fresh rosemary
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Wash and slice potatoes. Coat with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped leaves from two stalks of fresh rosemary.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
A little while ago, Linda of Weekend Cook gave me the Triple Award. Thanks Linda! The rules for recipients are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
I have more than 10 blogging buddies, but at this point in time I will recognize 10 - however all of you are special!
1. Cristine of Cooking with Cristine. I feel a real connection with Cristine. She is number one in my book. Number one mom, wife, and blogger.
2. Barbara of Barbara Bakes. Barbara and I have been emailing back and forth since last July. She and I seem to have a lot in common (the last name snow, children getting married, cooking light to name a few!) and I enjoy hearing from her on a regular basis! 🙂 We have become email buddies and I really like that!
3. Jessie of The Hungry Mouse. Jessie and I converse back and forth a lot on stumbleupon! I love our going back and forth and the bits of info we share with each other. I feel like she is a real friend even though I have never met her in person!
4. Marthe of Culinary Delights. Oh Marthe. This woman deserves all kinds of recongition from me. Marthe has a huge heart and is super thoughtful. There has been real snail mail exchange between Marthe and I and I think the blogging world deserves to know what a wonderful person she is! She is so super thoughtful.
5. Laura of The Spiced Life. I met Laura when I was paired with her for Taste & Create. I have enjoyed our exchanes and I was delighted when she and her mom particpated in sending goodies to a soldier from my area right before Christmas.
6. Val of More than Burnt Toast. I have been reading Val's blog ever since I knew blogs existed. We share a little bit of geographical location in common and I just totally enjoy her blog. She amazes me at how much she seems to accomplish and the events she participates in!
7. Beth of Cookie Pie. Beth is a newer blogger that I have enjoyed reading. She was a winner of my Pay it Forward, a soon to be mom (come March) and is the food editor in one of my favorite magazines. She is a special girl, you can see that just from reading her blog!
8. Patsy of Family, Friends and Food. I have gotten to know Patsy even better since Facebook. She is super friendly and has an awesome blog. I am looking forward to getting to know her more!
9. Amanda of Bits and Bites of Everything. Amanda is my real life friend. She is a sweet, quiet and somewhat shy woman who has been there for me during a tough time a few months ago. She is a good friend who listens and doesn't judge! She started a blog and I'm really proud of her work! She recently made pizza on her own from scratch. Good going Amanda! 🙂
10. Robin Sue of Big Red Kitchen. Robin Sue is another woman with a big good heart! I love everything about her blog. She has a lot of interesting things to tell us and her most recent posts on Stromboli is one of my favorites!
Its hard to stop here. I feel like I'm leaving people out. You are all in my heart! Blogging has become a real part of my life and the friends I have made this way are all very special in their own way!