My preferred way of cooking these is definitely the air fryer. While baking these in the oven will cook more of them at one time, the air fryer cuts the time down considerably and they also brown nicer. They will taste the same no matter what way you cook them, however, so if you only have an oven, then never fear. These will still be delicious!
I loved the little meaty bites of heat that came through with the chorizo and jalapeno peppers. The dipping sauce has chipotle powder as one of the ingredients. This sour cream based sauce lends a "cool" bite that totally complimented the heat!
These Chorizo Jalapeno Potato Puffs will be your new appetizer or side dish, ready in a breeze!! Give them a try this season 🙂
Try this recipe for Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe made with Simply Potatoes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Chorizo Jalapeno Potato Puff Bites
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For potato puffs
- 1-24 ounce package Simply Potatoes
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces Chorizo slices diced
For Chipotle Sour Cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Place potatoes in large mixing bowl. Stir in cheese, jalapeno pepper, chorizo, and eggs until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon) place balls of potato mixture on cookie tray. To bake in regular oven, cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Be sure cookie tray is well oiled. To cook in air fryer, place on cookie tray accessory for air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, until potato puffs are nicely browned. Serve with chipotle sour cream and cilantro for garnish.
Pin it! Chorizo Jalapeno Potato Puffs!
These look like they would be so good!
Wow these are perfect for breakfast!
These look like little bites of heaven! Perfect comfort food for this time of year!
Betsy @ Desserts Required.com
I love how easy this is to put together and the delish flavors!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
This is a great appetizer anytime of the year!!!