These Cheese Stuffed Burgers are filled with cheese, bacon, and onion for a burst of delicious flavor in each bite of burger! Barbecue sauce is added to the burger mixture, giving it another level of flavor. Basically, this I is an outside in burger, which means all of the stuff you put on the outside of the burger is stuffed inside!
Cheese Stuffed Burgers can be served year round and they can be made on the grill, skillet, or broiler. They are a my version of a Juicy Lucy burger with the added flavor of bacon and onions. If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that is full of flavor and textures, then this cheese stuffed burger is it!
Stuffed Burgers Are A Tasty Way To Have It All!
Recently I had the sudden urge to stuff a burger with all kinds of yumminess. I recently bought a new grill and had the urge to grill some burgers and decided to try out a different way of putting them together.
My family loves this burger with barbecue sauce and instead of coating the stuffed burger with it, I decided to mix some high into the meat mixture. I crisped up some bacon, browned some diced onion, and filled the center of the burger with the bacon, onion, and cheese. Serve these delicious burgers were grilled to perfection and served on buttery toasted buns with a little extra sauce on top!
What You Need To this Burger Recipe
*Please see recipe card for full ingredient list and instructions*
One pound of one of the following (or a combination of those listed to equal 1 pound): ground venison meat, ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken. Choose a fattier meat to keep the burgers moist. If using ground venison, I like to add ground pork to it to add fat. For the turkey and chicken, I choose a higher fat content ground meat.
Sweet white onions
Pre-cooked bacon, I prefer this brand.
Other Ways To Make A Cheese Stuffed Burger
- Use your choice of cheese. Pepper jack, Cheddar, Muenster, Brie, or Gouda
- Cook 1 jalapeño, sliced, with the onions
- Mix a combination of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeño for a burger popper
- Make a double cheese burger, add a slice of cheese to the top of the burger a minute or two before removing from the skillet or grill.
Other Delicious Burger Recipes
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Slider
Bourbon Caramelized Onion and Blue Burger
Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Bites
Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Bacon and Onion
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter or bacon fat
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns optional
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, black pepper, barbecue sauce and garlic.
- Portion into 12 burger patties.
- Lay patties out on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap; place patties in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent and just beginning to brown. Stir the cooked crumbled bacon to the onions and set aside.
- Prepare a grill or large skillet for medium
- As the grill heats, pull beef patties out of the refrigerator; top 6 of
the patties evenly with the bacon and onion mixture,
top each patty with ¼ cup shredded cheese.
- Place remaining burger patties on top of each burger with filling mixture and press the edges together to seal the filling inside.
- Grill or pan fry the stuffed and sealed patties until cooked through to your preference.
Leave a comment