For that reason, I was pretty excited to be involved with #SundaySupper's and Certified Angus Beef® brand for Summertime Grilling. I haven't perfected steak on the grill yet. I am still working on those skills, but I sure can cook a mean burger on one!
- Start off with a hot grill.
- When flipping burgers, flip them only once! This will ensure a juicy burger - and I can attest that is the truth!
- The best way test for doneness of a burger is to use an instant read thermometer.
- I'm a well done burger kind of gal (170F) while Grumpy is more of a medium done kind of guy (160F).
- The most important lesson I learned was to keep the grill lid down. Doing this helps the meat cook evenly.
Not that the Certified Angus Beef® brand needed any extra help - as it is great and flavorful on its own, but I decided that I wanted to put some extra special love in my burger. I added a couple tablespoons of Bourbon, a little Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to my burger before shaping them into patties.
I loved the flavor the bourbon added to the burger but I didn't stop there! I decided to caramelize some onions and coat them with a little bit of brown sugar and bourbon as well. To counteract the sweetness of the onions I added crumbly blue cheese to the top of the burger during the last few minutes of grilling. While I didn't add bacon, I think some crisply cooked would go great with this burger also.
I've enjoyed my grilling experience and am looking forward to much more in the near future. What are some of your favorite recipes to make with Certified Angus Beef® brand?
- Burger Topping:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 large vidalia onion (about 2 cups vertical slices)
- 6 Tablespoons crumbly blue cheese
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef® brand (I use 80/20)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional ingredients: Lettuce, tomato
- Hamburger buns
- Start your onions on a low heat. Melt the butter and add onions to cook slowly. Once onions are softened, add brown sugar and bourbon and cook down until liquid has thickened. Set aside and use for burger topping upon assembly.
- Gently mix the Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef with the Bourbon and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Shape into ⅓ pound patties and press a slight dent in the center of the beef. Place on preheated grill. I like to preheat my grill to 450 because once I open that lid, the heat escapes and grill cools down. Place burgers on grill lower lid and turn heat down to medium/medium low heat. Cook burger until just about ready to remove from the grill. Place two tablespoons of crumbly blue cheese in well of burger. Lower lid and cook another 30 seconds to warm cheese on top of burger. Remove from grill and let set about 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Garnish burger with caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato if desired.
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn Tomato and Avocado Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Grilled Steak Crostini with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Nicaraguan Style Steak Skewers with Chimichurri by Curious Cuisiniere
Marvelous Main Dishes:
- Bacon Wrapped Balsamic Marinated Sirloin Filet by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Balsamic Burgers by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Bourbon Caramelized Onion and Blue Burgers by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Brisket Grinder with Smoked Peppers and Caramelized Onions by Whole Food | Real Families
- Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chile-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Chunky Tomato-Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cocoa & Coffee Rubbed Beef Kabobs with Roasted Corn Salad by I'm Not the Nanny
- Deliciously Drunken Marinated Steak by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Garlic Ginger Soy Grilled Angus Beef Steak by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Bacon & Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Steak Salad by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sirloin Caesar Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Steak & Quinoa Protein Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Taco Burgers by Alida's Kitchen
- 5 Summer Grilling Tips for Fruit by Sunday Supper Movement