Shrimp Topped Burger with Horseradish Dressing recipe is part of a kick butt burger grill giveaway post hosted by GirlCarnivore but the mouthwatering recipe is all my own! #BurgerMonth
Bacon wrapped grilled shrimp served over top of one big, juicy beef burger topped with cheese and a spicy horseradish dressing. This simple to make burger sounds fancy, but it is super easy to make and even more delicious!
If you love burgers, then you have come to the right place today! I am sharing with you a very simple recipe for a very delicious burger for Burger Month! Along with Kita, over at Girl Carnivore and several other bloggers and burger lovers, we are bringing you a month full of deliciousness as well as an awesome giveaway! Be sure to scroll to the end of this post, print the recipe, and enter the giveaway before you leave!
This burger is pure simpleness! You don't really have to do much of anything to beef to make it awesome. I'm a big believer in not using a lot of filler in my burger. As a matter of fact, all I added to this delicious ground beef was add about a teaspoon of fish sauce to bring out the umami!
I didn't get too fancy with my shrimp either. I just wrapped it up in a little pre-cooked bacon, threaded it on a skewer and grilled. No salt, no pepper, and no sauce. Of course, we topped the burger with a slice of Cabot Colby Jack cheese (Grumpy's Favorite!). It's just not a burger without cheese!
Tip: To get that criss cross look on your grilled burger without flipping, just grill 3-4 minutes, then rotate your burger part way through prior to flipping.
Scroll to the end of this post for the Shrimp Topped Burger with Horseradish Dressing recipe and the rafflecopter to enter for a chance to win! See graphic below for list of prizes!
We like to put a little butter on our bun, then grill it to warm the bun up and give it a little toasty buttery flavor and texture. By all means, if you are eating Keto (like me!) then skip the bun.
Shrimp Topped Burger with Horseradish Dressing
For the Hamburgers:
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup low sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 dash pink Himalayan salt
For the Shrimp:
- 12 large raw shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon cut in half (for 12 pieces)
Additional Ingredients (Optional)
- 4 hamburger buns optional
- Prepare sauce by combining ketchup, mayonnaise, horseradish, coconut aminos, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and pink Himalayan salt. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix ground beef with fish sauce and shape into 4 equal sized patties. Wrap each piece of shrimp with bacon (½ piece bacon for 1 shrimp) and place on skewer.
- Grill burgers until desired doneness. When burgers are almost ready, place shrimp on the grill and cook for 4-5 min until shrimp are pink and bacon is crisp. Serve burgers topped with shrimp and sauce.