Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Sliders are mini meatloaves shaped into a slider burger. They are topped with bacon and cheese! They are like having a mini meatloaf sandwich topped with crispy delicious bacon inside of a toasty slider roll!
This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned the blog I was Born to Cook - written by Melissa. I became familiar with Melissa's blog through the SRC, so its a fairly new blog to me. Melissa is of Italian Heritage while her husband's family is Greek. The best of both worlds in my opinion! Therefore, she has a lot of pasta on her blog - which of course I LOVE. But, wouldn't you know it, I went with something that had no pasta in it at all.
Grumpy would love Melissa's kitchen. She has a lot of beef on her table - much more than I put on ours! So, because he loves beef and he loves meatloaf with pickles in it, when I saw this recipe she had on her blog for Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins, I knew I would be using that recipe for my SRC post. Of course, my mind always takes recipes I see in different directions a lot of the time, just like it does many other foodies out there. I decided that I was going to make the meatloaf mixture without the cheese in it and turn it into slider patties topped with bacon and cheese.
Other slider recipes you may enjoy
Beijing Beef Sliders are topped with a broccoli slaw and are full of Asian flavors.
Beer Battered Fish Sliders are pieces of fish coated in a beer batter that crisps up around the fish as it cooks, leaving the fish inside moist and the outside crispy.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders are made with rotisserie chicken, cheese, and buffalo sauce. Baked in the oven with a light sweet and spicy buffalo butter topping.
Crispy Pork Belly Sliders are deliciously crispy pieces of pork belly topped with a sweet and spicy honey sriracha sauce and slaw.
Easy Shrimp Po Boy Sliders are made with crispy baked shrimp, topped with remoulade sauce, broccoli slaw, and sandwiched in a toasted slider bun.
Greek Sliders with Feta Aioli are grilled beef burgers made with spinach, peppers, and Greek seasoning then grilled and topped with a feta aioli in a toasty slider roll.
Ham and Cheese Sliders are oven baked sandwiches made with leftover ham and a sweet and spicy glaze.
Peperoncini BBQ Cheeseburger Sliders crumbled, cooked, and barbecue sauced ground beef and cheese is layered between slider rolls and baked in the oven.
White Castle Like Sliders are a copycat recipe where the beef burger is baked in the oven in one large burger. They are then cut then placed on a slider roll.
*If you made these Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Sliders, please give them a star rating*
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Sliders
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add onion. Saute 5 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- In a large bowl, mix until just combined the ground beef, sauteed onion, breadcrumbs, eggs, ketchup, pickle relish, and mustard.
- Spray slider pan or skillet with cooking spray.
- Scoop ¼ sized portions and place sliders in slider frying pan or shape into small burgers and place in hot skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Toast slider buns and assemble burger topping with cheese and bacon.
- If using a slider pan, there is no need to flip the sliders to cook each side. The slider pan has a press that goes on top of the burger and allows the slider to cook through evenly.
- If using a skillet, cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.