Chicken with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions is a brandy spiked, comforting and delicious one dish meal to your table in just 30 minutes! Serve it with a side salad or your favorite vegetable for a complete low-carb dinner!
These chicken tenders and pearl onions turned out to be an amazing meal!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Chicken with Mushroom and Pearl Onions
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms , cleaned and quartered
- ⅔ cup brandy
- 6 ounces pearl onions
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
TO PREPARE THE ONIONS:
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the onions to the water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain the water from the onions and cover immediately with cold water. Remove the skin from the onions by slicing the root end, then squeeze the onion from the top. Set aside.
FOR THE CHICKEN TENDERS
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper in a ziploc bag and shake lightly to combine. Add the chicken tenders to the flour mixture and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil a large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add the chicken tenders and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the hot skillet. Add the pearl onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, until the mushrooms begun to release their water.
FOR THE BROTH
- Gradually add the brandy to the pan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3 minutes until reduced.
- In a 1 cup measure, combine the cornstarch and the chicken broth. Add to the vegetable mixture in the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Return the chicken tenders to the broth mixture and cook for 1 minute, until tenders are warmed through.
- Garnish with thyme leaves (if using)
I already know that if Brandy is not used in this recipe, you will be missing an extremely vital flavor that takes your mouth to an entirely different level. Use the Brady and chicken stock, don't forget a Tablespoon or two of cream at the end!
This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
Life Tastes Good
OMG!! This sounds delicious and your photo is gorgeous!! I am collecting low carb recipes, so this one is going right to the top of the list!! Thanks!! stumbled!!
HeiLin (Heidy McCallum)
Fantastic recipe---a must try!
This dish makes me happy, all my favorites in one pan. Beautiful
Michele @ Flavor Mosaic
This looks and sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!