I have teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you a simple, yet delicious Gourmet Valentine's Dinner. We have prepared an easy-to-make four course meal so you can enjoy an evening at home without a lot of work!
I prepared the entree part of our meal. When thinking about what I would want for a romantic meal that was easy to put together yet on the gourmet side, I immediately thought of a pasta with a creamy wine sauce.
I could have used any type of pasta and this would have been a delicious meal, but I had to use Linguine! I always think of romance when I think of pasta and it is all because of Lady & the Tramp. I've mentioned this before a long time ago! I love the kissing scene between Lady and Tramp when they hit the plate of pasta at Tony's Restaurant because they each had one end of a pasta noodle and met in the middle!
This Creamy Chicken Linguine takes a total of 40 minutes to prepare and cook. Less time in the kitchen means more romance later, right? I paired this up with a nice dry white wine from Coyote Moon Vineyards - appropriately named Naked Chardonnay. 😉 So without further ado, let's get the romance on!
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave if you forget to take it out ahead of time. Use the soften cycle or run it on medium power for 30 seconds or longer if needed, checking every 5 seconds if you going longer.
- If the pasta finishes before the sauce is ready, just drain and add a little olive oil and stir. This prevents the pasta from drying out and sticking together.
- When cooking with wine, I like to use what I am drinking to cook with.
Store any leftover Chicken Linguine in the fridge up to 4 days.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Creamy Chicken Linguine
- 8 ounces mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese , softened
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ½ pound linguine , cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives , garnish (optional)
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter for 5 minutes, until softened, chopping them some with the spoon if there are larger pieces.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together the Italian dressing, dry white wine, and cream of mushroom soup until well incorporated.
- Add the soup mixture to the cooked mushrooms and bring to a low simmer. Whisk in the softened cream cheese and until completely incorporated.
- Add the chicken tenders bring it to the boiling point, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked linguine. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives (if using).