Chicken Linguine in a creamy sauce is a delicious creamy pasta recipe made with tender chicken simmered in a lower fat cream sauce served over linguine. This is a dinner recipe the whole family will love!
❤️ Why you'll love it
Ready in 40 minutes: total time to cook this this creamy chicken linguine from start to finish is 40 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
Perfect for special occasions: chicken pasta is perfect for Valentine's day when you are looking to serve a romantic dinner to your loved one.
Family favorite: this flavor packed pasta dish is a healthier version with delicious flavors.
Lower carb: this delicious dinner is made with a pasta that has 5 grams of dietary fiber per serving and has only 28 g total carbohydrate.
Mushrooms: buy pre-sliced mushrooms for convenience
Fat-free Italian dressing
Dry white wine: use any table wine that you would drink that is not sweet.
Boneless skinless chicken: use chicken tenders whole or cut into bite-sized pieces. Can use chicken breast also.
Dried linguine: I love to use Dreamfields lower carb linguine, or you can use a whole grain pasta.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook linguine according to package directions until al dente.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until bubbly. Adds mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, until mushrooms have softened, chopping them some with the spoon if there are larger pieces.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, mix together the Italian dressing, dry white wine, and cream of mushroom soup until well incorporated.
- Add the soup mixture to the cooked mushrooms and cook over medium heat, bringing the soup mixture to a low bowl. Whisk in the softened cream cheese and until completely incorporated.
- Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and bring it to a boil. Immediately reduce to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over cooked linguine. Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper and chopped chives (if using).
12-inch nonstick skillet
Flathead wooden spoon
Refrigerate: store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Substitute any lean meat such as shrimp or scallops in place of the chicken.
- Add ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes for added heat.
- A ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese to the creamy sauce.
- Garnish with fresh basil instead of chives.
- Stir in 1-2 teaspoons cajun spice to the sauce to kick it up another notch.
- Wine does add a unique flavor to the sauce, however, if you would rather not use wine, chicken broth can be substituted.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave if you forget to take it out ahead of time. Use the soften cycle or run it on medium power for 30 seconds or longer if needed, checking every 5 seconds if you going longer.
- Reduce cooking time and use any leftover chicken in place of the raw chicken. Add cooked chicken and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until chicken is warmed through.
📚 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve with...
Make this chicken linguine recipe part of a 4 course Valentine's dinner! Start with Double Tomato Bruschetta as an appetizer, this Spinach Strawberry Champagne Salad is the perfect side salad, and for dessert, try this light dessert for Chocolate Strawberry Eclair Cake.
The Last Word
No salt is added to this recipe due to the fact that Italian salad dressing and mushroom is used in making the sauce. Only add a little bit of salt if needed.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Creamy Chicken Linguine
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese , softened
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ½ pound Dreamfields Linguine , cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives , garnish (optional)
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter for 5 minutes, until softened, chopping them some with the spoon if there are larger pieces.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together the Italian dressing, dry white wine, and cream of mushroom soup until well incorporated.
- Add the soup mixture to the cooked mushrooms and bring to a low simmer. Whisk in the softened cream cheese and until completely incorporated.
- Add the chicken tenders bring it to the boiling point, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked linguine. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives (if using).