These Baby Back Ribs are started on your stove-top and then finished on your grill or in your oven! These delicious and tender ribs are so delicious and fall off the bone tender!
Get ready to be the star of dinner! Serve these Baby Back Ribs up with some Pasta Salad with Cream Parmesan Dressing as a side and some Black Forest Brownies for or Apple Pie dessert and your family will leave the table happy and satisfied!
Why I made these Stove-Top Baby Back Ribs
We don't go often, but we love to go to Chili's for ribs. I love going during their small plate serving time because then I don't feel so guilty for buying something I can't eat all of!
Because we do love their ribs, I wanted to make my own. It would be cheaper and we could have them more often than once every few months! I really love the stove top method. The ribs are simmered, making the meat super tender to start. Then finished off with some barbecue sauce on either the grill or in the oven, long enough to crisp them up and give them some bubblies or grill marks!
Sweet Baby Rays. Only the best barbecue sauce you can find in a bottle!
Whenever you are barbecuing with a sauce, what you are using for a sauce can make a huge difference. For us, not just any sauce will do. If it's not homemade, then I always buy Sweet Baby Ray's. In our opinion, it is the BEST barbecue sauce out there!
If you prefer to make your own barbecue sauce though, I have plenty of recipes here on my website! Some of our favorites are Strawberry Rhubarb Chipotle Barbecue Sauce and Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce!
Preparing the Stove Top Baby Back Ribs
This is SO EASY you all! Just some add some simple seasoning of salt and pepper first.
Then, you will cover the ribs in some cold water. Place the stock pot on the cook top and bring to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, you reduce the heat and simmer the ribs for 1 hour.
Once the ribs have simmered for a good 60 minutes, you remove them from the stock pot and place them on a cookie sheet. Next, cover the ribs with some of that delicious Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce and either broil them in your oven or finish them off on the grill!
I have finished the ribs both ways. Because we live in an area where the barbecue is not always convenient to use, when it is snowy or wet and cold outside, I will finish them in my oven underneath my broiler. In the summer, I always finish them off on the grill!
Tips for making Stove Top Baby Back Ribs
- Use cold water when covering your ribs in the stock pot
- The heat should be on medium high and your stock pot should be covered when bringing your water to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and only simmer the ribs for the 1 hour
- Watch the ribs carefully when finishing them off in the oven or on the grill. Since they are already cooked, they will tend to fall apart easily if you are not careful when turning them.
What to serve with Baby Back Ribs
Baby back ribs are great for picnics with your family and friends. Some side dishes I love to serve with them are Keto Broccoli Salad or a delicious Tomato Avocado Salad Stack! I also love this recipe for Keto Deviled Egg Salad (think potato salad but with cauliflower and eggs!)
Stove-top to Grill Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack of baby back ribs cut into 3 sections
- Salt and pepper to your preference
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- Place the ribs in a large pot covered with water and seasoned with salt and pepper. Bring ribs to a boil, turn heat down and simmer ribs until tender, about 1 hour.
- While ribs are simmering, prepare baking sheet by covering with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. When ribs are cooked, remove from pot, place on baking sheet and slather with as much BBQ sauce as you want on the bottom side.
- Place on hot grill and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Slather more sauce on the top side of the ribs before removing from the grill if desired.