Invisible Banana French Toast

What is Invisible Banana French Toast? It is a french toast batter made with bananas in the blender and it gives an amazing banana flavor to your kids morning meal! They will love the fun you can have in making this recipe as well as the name!

Invisible Banana French Toast

If you have kids I think you are going to like this one!  It has been several years since I have had little ones to cook for.  I tend to look over kid pleasing recipes because it is adult tastes (for the most part!) that I am feeding in our home.  Now that we have neighbors with kids, I may tend to not overlook them so much.  Not to mention that one day I may become a grandmother and it wouldn’t hurt to have a supply of kid friendly recipes around!

Invisible Banana French Toast

What I love about this recipe is you blend the bananas with the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon right in your blender or magic bullet.

Invisible Banana French Toast
Just dip your bread in the banana batter just like you would regular french toast batter, then fry on both sides until browned. I love to serve this up with banana slices and blueberries and a touch of real maple syrup.
Invisible Banana French Toast
This recipe for Invisible French Toast was one that we made at the Vacation Bible School the year we did a “Kids in the Kitchen” theme.  While unpacking some of my cookbooks I came across the cookbook we made for that particular VBS which holds the recipe for this really yummy french toast.  I loved the title back then and I love the title still.  If you have kids, or even if you don’t, you really should try this recipe out!
Invisible Banana French Toast
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Ingredients
  • Invisible Banana French Toast
  • 1-1/2 banana, broken into chunks
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4-6 slices bread
  • butter or cooking spray for frying
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend well – leaving no banana chunks (or lumps!)
  2. Pour mixture into shallow bowl and drip bread slice into batter.  Flip to coat other side.  Place on hot greased griddle and fry until golden.  Flip and repeat.
  3. Serve with sliced bananas, maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon!

PIN IT! Invisible Banana French ToastInvisible Banana French Toast

1. bellini valli January 22, 2011 at 6:59 pm - Reply

This would be welcome for the kid in all of us Shelby.

2. Fallon January 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm - Reply

Very kid friendly and simple too!

3. Jamie January 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm - Reply

I love this idea for French toast. Thanks for sharing a long ago recipe that's good for kids and adults too!

4. Pegasuslegend January 23, 2011 at 2:12 am - Reply

this looks fabulous my dear! love the photo and the recipe!

5. Mads January 23, 2011 at 2:59 am - Reply

Wait a second…why is it invisible? Is it because it disappears so fast?

I love me some french toast! I love it even more when made with cinnamon sugar bread. mmmm

6. Stephanie January 23, 2011 at 4:38 am - Reply

This looks delicious!!!

7. ajcabuang04 January 23, 2011 at 6:27 am - Reply

French toast has to be one of my all time favorites! So simple to make and looks fantastic! I would eat your french toast any day! 🙂

8. Shelby January 23, 2011 at 10:08 am - Reply

🙂 Mads, invisible because the banana is blended right into the batter.

9. Maria January 23, 2011 at 3:52 pm - Reply

Fantastic french toast recipe!

10. Patsyk January 23, 2011 at 6:41 pm - Reply

I know this would be a hit in our house! Looks fantastic – and simple enough the boys could help make it. Yum!

11. Leslie January 23, 2011 at 7:35 pm - Reply

Mmm.I love banana anything! What a perfect breakfast

12. teresa January 23, 2011 at 8:30 pm - Reply

oh so yummy! i just love french toast. this would definitely become invisible at my house very quickly!

13. briarrose January 23, 2011 at 8:38 pm - Reply

Great recipe and a beautiful looking pile of french toast.

14. SMITH BITES January 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm - Reply

forget the kids – i LOVE french toast like this, especially on the weekends when i'm moving particularly slow!

15. Michelle January 24, 2011 at 1:34 am - Reply

Kid nor not…this sounds and looks incredible!

16. Cajun Chef Ryan January 24, 2011 at 7:15 pm - Reply

Looks like a great French Toast, not just for breakfast, I would eat this any time of day!

17. Deeba PAB January 25, 2011 at 11:53 am - Reply

Better than normal French Toast…glad you dug out those books S!!

18. Megan January 25, 2011 at 5:48 pm - Reply

Sounds fun and delicious! But you know me, I would have to add some mini chocolate chips! 😉

19. Lauren's Latest January 25, 2011 at 11:23 pm - Reply

Such a smart idea! I was thinking you'd mash the banana with a fork, but duh! Of course the blender makes more sense! My daughter would love this!

20. scratch-made wife January 26, 2011 at 1:02 pm - Reply

Oh, wow! I make French toast quite often and throw a banana on top. But I never though to make a banana batter! That sounds like such a great idea. I just might have to try that tomorrow!

21. Anonymous October 7, 2019 at 5:24 pm - Reply

22. Miriah October 22, 2019 at 10:49 am - Reply

23. […] make them healthy, with different fruits, and sometimes I veer off the path of the cake and make Invisible Banana French Toast or these Waffled French Toast Sticks! However, this week, it was Garlic Scrambled Eggs with […]