This Spiced Pumpkin Bread is a quick bread recipe made with pumpkin puree, fall spices and a sprinkling of dried cranberries. It is great for holiday trays, snacks, or to enjoy a couple of slices for breakfast with a cup of steaming hot coffee.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Fall baking: fans of fall spices and pumpkin will love the flavors in this pumpkin quick bread and the aroma will make your home smell wonderful!
Easy to make: just a little bit of stirring to mix the ingredients and some time in the oven will produce a warm and comforting loaf of quick bread.
Comfort food: nothing says comfort more than a sweet slice of pumpkin quick bread and a hot cup of tea!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Canned Pumpkin Puree: Be sure to get the pure pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie mix.
Sweet spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger or a pumpkin pie spice blend.
Applesauce: go with what you prefer here. I like to use unsweetened applesauce.
All purpose flour: is the structure of the bread recipe.
Granulated sugar: adds sweetness and structure
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat (2) 1.5 quart loaf pans well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just blended. Divide batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from the bread pan.
Wooden mixing spoon
Room temperature: store bread in an airtight container on the counter up to 5 days.
Freeze: store bread in airtight freezer safe bags in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Substitute applesauce for oil (using 1 cup of applesauce and no oil).
- Substitute dried raisins in place of the cranberries
- Use 1 tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend in place of the spices.
- If choosing to use a non-stick cooking spray, one that is made specifically for baking is the best one to use. It sprays a coat of oil and flour.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the flour and toss with the dried cranberries. This coats the cranberries and prevents them from clumping together in the bread.
📚 Related Recipes
Fans of pumpkin and cranberry will love these Pumpkin Cranberry Chip Muffins.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies are delicious with their mocha flavor and fudge like icing.
Try this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe for your next brunch.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve pumpkin bread warm spread with butter or jam and a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (2) 1.5 quart loaf pans or coat well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before removing from the bread pan.