Every once and a while Grumpy will start making comments like "how come you don't make cookies for me?" or "why don't you make something yummy?" which, interpreted is "when are you going to make me one of my favorites?" Well, one of Grumpy's favorites is Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I just happened to pick up a bag of golden raisins at Trader Joe's the other day so Sunday morning I decided to make him some Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins and Walnuts.
While I was making these for Grumpy, I was thinking about the times I would contribute to bake sales in the past and all the different cookies and brownies I've made for them.
Recently I received this spatula compliments of the OXO Bake Difference campaign. Have you heard of Cookies for Kids' Cancer? This program was founded by a pair of OXO Employees inspired by their son Liam's battle with pediatric cancer. Through the concept of local bake sales, Cookies for Kids' Cancer provides inspiration and support to allow anyone to easily get involved in fundraising to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
In thinking about what would be a good cookie for a bake sale, these Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins and Walnuts would be a great cookie to include in one. They are crunchy edge but chewy center with the sweet raisin and crunchy walnut giving highlight to the cookie. Bake sales are great ways to help raise money for a good cause. If you are interested in hosting an OXO bake sale to contribute to the Cookies for Kids' Cancer cause, you can register at www.cookiesforkidscancer.org to register. OXO will match the funds raised up to $100,000! If you would like to know more about Blogger Outreach Program, visit OXO Blogger Outreach.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Walnuts
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1-¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Add raisins and nuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop cookie dough with medium-sized cookie scoop onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes. Cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed airtight container.
Cooking time is for mixing and baking 1 tray of cookies. Add additional 12-14 minutes per tray in the oven.
Oatmeal cookies are my favs too! Im sure G. loved these!!
I have to agree with Grumpy since oatmeal raisin is one of my favourites too!!! This is an excellent campaign Shelby.