- Easy Sausage Gravy
- slightly adapted from allrecipes.com
- Easy Peasy Buttermilk Biscuits (or Pillsbury Grands works fine too!)
- 1-16 ounce tube Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2-½ cups almond milk
- Break sausage up in hot non-stick skillet. Turn heat down to medium and cook sausage, chopping and stirring occasionally. Once sausage is fully cooked, stir in flour, salt and pepper until sausage is coated and flour is no longer wet. Slowly pour in almond milk and stir until gravy becomes thickened. Serve over top of buttermilk biscuits.
Martha A Cheves
I've copied the recipe for biscuits and will give them a try this weekend.
Great minds think alike Katrina 🙂
So I saw you post the link to Renee's biscuit, right about the time I was fretting about what in the world to make the fam for dinner. I remembered we had some cooked ground sausage in the freezer. Bam. I decided to whip up the biscuits and thaw out the sausage. Sadly, I didn't see you posted this and made a gravy, so I made Pioneer Woman's gravy. Didn't taste any of it but the boys ate it up (and whenever I just say the boys, I mean Kevin, too). And the biscuits were nice and high and fluffy. Renee's recipe is definitely easy and worked great. I'm even surprised because if you "listen" to Julia or Dorie or even my chef friend, Paige, you should NOT use a food processor, or at least once you add the buttermilk. I did for it all and it worked great. 😉 Thanks for the dinner inspiration. Hope you're having a great weekend with the in-laws.
Slice of Southern
This recipe sure looks delish and easy to make. Biscuits and gravy is a staple of the south! I'm sure you can make wonderful biscuits. The secret is using a really light touch and don't twist the biscuit cutter! I have many foolproof biscuits on my site if you want to try some great old fashioned recipes. Thanks for the wonderful post!
Thank you, I will check them out!
From Valeries Kitchen
Can you believe I have never had biscuits and gravy? This seems wrong to me and I should do something to rectify it right away! What's funny is one of my sons came home just a few days ago and told me he had leftover biscuits and gravy warmed up at his girlfriend's house and "it was SO amazing". Looks so yummy and comforting, Shelby!
🙂 Thanks Valerie! Would you believe I never had it before my son had me make it? 🙂 His grandfather (on his dad's side) used to make it at hunting camp for them.