This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Michigan Asparagus in conjunction with #BBQWeek. All opinions are mine alone.
Grilled Asparagus Halloumi Salad served with Pistachio Pesto is a delicious spring recipe that compliments your chicken, fish, or beef as a side dish, or can be made larger as a light dinnertime meal! This is also a keto friendly, lower carbohydrate recipe for those who are carb conscious!
Asparagus is one of our mutually favorite vegetables for Grumpy and I. We love to eat it roasted in the oven with some salt and pepper, drizzled with a little browned butter balsamic dressing. Now that we are into grilling weather, we love to cook it on the grill!
Springtime recipes are normally reminiscent of light, bright flavors. This grilled asparagus recipe is the epitome of that description! This recipe could not be any simpler! You make my recipe for Homemade Pistachio Pesto made ahead of time or you can serve this with a store bought pesto.
Lemon really brings this recipe to life pairs super well with the asparagus!
Growing asparagus really is a labor of love. I say this because it can take 2-3 years after planting for you to be able to begin harvesting it! However, once you have it, it is plentiful! When we were growing it, we would this every night. Yes, we love it that much.
Thank you to Michigan Asparagus for sponsoring #BBQWeek and offering the amazing prize package.
Fresh asparagus is the taste of spring and Michigan is one of the largest domestic asparagus growers in the United States. Michigan Asparagus is available mid-May through June and is the only hand snapped harvested asparagus which means more usable asparagus and less waste. Local Michigan farmers produce approximately 25 million pounds of Michigan Asparagus during the state's 6-7 week harvest. Michigan Asparagus has excellent flavor and a long shelf life. It is a nutrient-dense, low-calorie vegetable with no fat, no cholesterol, and very little sodium.
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Prize will be sent after the close of the giveaway. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
Welcome to #BBQWeek
Let’s fire up the grill, serve up some burgers or steaks or chicken and some delicious sides and desserts! Follow #BBQWeek so you don’t miss one delicious reci
pe. There are more than 20 recipes this week from some amazing bloggers.
- Best Grilled Vegetables (with Asparagus) from Feeding Big
- Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) + Asparagus with Gochujang Sauce from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Asparagus and Parmesan Pasta with Toasted Pecansfrom Tip Garden
- Grilled Asparagus Nachos from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Grilled Asparagus Pasta Salad from Dad What’s 4 Dinner
- Grilled Asparagus Halloumi Salad from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Grilled Asparagus Tart from A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze and Toasted Pecans from Family Around The Table
- Grilled Breakfast Flatbread with Asparagus and Bacon from Caroline's Cooking
- Grilled Citrus Chicken and Asparagus Packets from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Grilled Hoisin Chicken and Asparagus Summer Rolls from Palatable Pastime
Pin it! Grilled Asparagus Halloumi Salad
Grilled Asparagus Halloumi Salad
- 1 large handful asparagus
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 4 slices halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pistachio Pesto
- Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper. Toss with asparagus. Grill asparagus until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Brush halloumi cheese with marinade and grill on both sides to get grill marks
- Divide asparagus in half and serve with grilled halloumi cheese and pistachio pesto.