Crispy baked taco shells hold a bowl full of sweet heat! Chipotle-Rubbed Shrimp Taco Salad is flavored with chili and chipotle powders and bedded in a crisp tortilla shell and drizzled with a honey lime cilantro vinaigrette. It is so full of flavor and a great summer salad recipe for those busy weeknights!
I must say here that I am going to rave and rave about this recipe. The minute I saw this recipe in the recent issue of Cooking Light, I knew it was going to get put on my menu plan. It has all the flavors I love. Lime, cilantro, mango, chipotle and last but not least shrimp.
If Grumpy were here I am fairly certain he would not he would have griped at first but, if he were here and willing to try it, I'm also fairly certain he would have liked it.
Don't let the combination of mango and tomato scare you. It scared me at first. I wasn't so sure it was a combination that I would like. Obviously, I tried it anyway and discovered that this recipe as is - is awesome. Have I convinced you yet? If I have then go make this - now! You will not regret it! The only thing you might regret is the stuffed tummy ache you may have from not being able to stop eating it!
You could easily grill the shrimp instead if you wanted. Just put the shrimp in a mixing bowl with the oil and seasonings, toss to coat well, and grill until pink!
Chipotle Rubbed Shrimp Tacos
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 8-inch flour tortilla taco salad shell
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups romaine hearts chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped peeled ripe mango
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly.
- Bake tortilla shells at 350°. If using homemade tortillas to make shells, drape warmed tortilla (I warm in microwave about 15 seconds) over a mini ramekin. Spray with butter spray and place on cookie sheet in oven. Bake until crisped.
- While shells bake, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Combine shrimp, chili powders, and salt in a large bowl and toss well to coat. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine lettuce, mango, and tomato. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Place about 1 ½ cups salad in each tortilla shell; divide shrimp evenly among salads.