This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#HouseofBBQ #CollectiveBias This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over.
A smoky marinade that has a slight hit of sweet heat from chipotle peppers and brown sugar made with Blue Moon Belgian White Beer. This made the most awesome grilled chicken! I decided to make a large batch of the marinade and whizzed it in the food processor so I could reserve some and use it as a salad dressing!
In the hot summer months you can find Grumpy and I enjoying a good cold beer after a long hard work day. Especially when that work day was spent doing yard work in the heat! I always try to do my weekly shopping before the weekend hits so we can stay home the entire weekend.
Recently I headed up to Clifton Park and hit up Price Chopper's new Market 32! Let me say, wow, that is one amazing store. I spent a full hour there and could have stayed longer! While I was there I stocked up on some Tyson Chicken Thighs and some Blue Moon Belgian White Beer and Blue Moon White IPA.
One of the first things you encounter when you walk into Market 32 is a big pastry section. I was drawn right to it and immediately decided on one of the pastry filled puffs! Into a bag went the coffee cream. I then bought a hot cup of coffee and enjoyed that pastry with my coffee before I went any further!
I bought some Coca-Cola so I could make a cherry bomb for Grumpy and I. Have you ever had one? It so fun to make the drink. You pour some Coca-Cola in the bottom of a beer glass, top it off with some Blue Moon Belgian White Ale then you take a shot glass full of almond flavored liquor and slowly "drop" the shot glass into the beer glass. I love watching the beer foam up to the top and yes, splash out some!
Now for the chicken marinade. I am in love with this recipe! Early Saturday morning I took the chicken thighs out of the fridge and placed them in a marinade container. I then put the beer, seasonings, brown sugar and chipotle chili peppers in the food processor. I poured half of the marinade over the chicken thighs and placed them in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
When it was time to cook our lunch, I grilled the chicken up, then diced it and poured a little more of the reserved marinade over top. Serve this as a salad or in a wrap for a perfect weekend lunch!
Because I had such a great experience purchasing Blue Moon Beer (MillerCoors Brand) at Price Chopper, and the great drinks, delicious food, and relaxing time shared with Grumpy, I always make sure to get Blue Moon Belgian White ale at My Place, Maxies & Yanni's in the Capital region of New York!
- 1 -½ bottles Blue Moon Belgian White Ale
- 1 can chipotle chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-½ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Carefully pour beer into food processor. Add chipotle chili peppers, oregano, cumin, and brown sugar. Pulse until peppers are finely chopped. Pour ½ of marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 4-5 hours.
- To cook chicken, heat grill on high until hot. Turn heat off on ½ of grill. Place chicken thighs on half of grill that you turned off the heat. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from grill and let sit 10 minutes. Cut into diced sized pieces. Serve over top of salad with your favorite toppings and some of the reserved marinade dressing if desired.
If your looking for some other great recipes to try, be sure to check out this Pinterest Board!
Visit House of BBQ on Pinterest.