At the food co-op where I love to shop they have this nut brittle that is spiced with chili. I don't usually buy it but I have had it and it is delish! I wish I could tell you the name of the company that makes this but I can't. BUT, I can tell you that you can make it yourself and it's not hard!
This was my very first ever attempt at making peanut brittle and I have to say that I was pretty successful considering the thermometer got way too hot before I knew it. I'm SO lucky! I contemplated whether I was going to toss the syrup out or toss the peanuts in when I decided, what the heck and just tossed the peanuts in. I believe my thermometer went well over 300 degrees.
Chipotle Peanut Brittle
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook 18 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 275 degrees, stirring frequently.
- Add peanuts; cook 3 minutes or until a candy thermometer register 295 degrees, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and chile powder. The baking soda will cause the mixture to bubble and become opaque.
- Quickly pour mixture into prepared pan; cover with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, quickly roll mixture to an even thickness.
- Discard top parchment sheet. Cool mixture completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.