Who doesn't love a big ole bowl of Spicy Sweet Chili? Full of chili flavor with a hit of sweet brown sugar. This chili, made with 80% lean ground Certified Angus Beef is finished off with shredded colby cheese, chopped avocado, and cilantro. Great served up with chips or cornbread for a delicious #bestbeef chili recipe on game-day!
Grumpy and I both love this chili recipe. It has just enough heat, just enough sweet, and is so addicting. Everytime I make it Grumpy helps himself to a second serving and every time he eats this recipe he informs me that it has the perfect amount of sweet to counteract the spicy. I've done it. I've completely sold the man, after 9 years, that sweet heat is the best!
My favorite mixture of chili spices are chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and chili pepper flakes. I top it all off with a tablespoon of Truvia. The amount I use is perfect for us spice wise. If you're not into too much spice, I suggest starting with half of the spices, then add more to taste as needed.
I also love to serve cornbread with chili. However, being that we are really cutting down on our carbs right now, I decided to not make cornbread this time and topped my chili with avocado to make it more special!
However, since not everyone is cutting out carbs, I want to share with you some of my favorite cornbread recipes! Which one would you try first with this chili?
- 1 lb 80% lean Certified Angus Beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as truvia)
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1- 28 ounce can petite diced canned tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chopped Avocado
- Cook beef over medium heat until brown. Drain fat. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper, salt and pepper and cook until beef is browned. Stir in chili powder, chili flakes, smoked paprika and brown sugar. Cook over heat for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, water, and tomato paste. Simmer approximately 20 minutes, uncovered. Serve topped with shredded colby cheese, chopped avocado, and chopped cilantro.
PIN IT - Spicy Sweet Chili Bowl
Jersey Girl Cooks
Sweet heat is the best! And I think I would go with the jalapeno cornbread. A great winter meal!
Perfect I added the link to today's post...thanks so much!
Oh my goodness! These sound amazing. I made some banana nut cornbread that is absolutely amazing.s