These homemade Buttery Garlic Bread Chips are brushed with plenty of melted butter and minced garlic then baked to a toasty brown! Perfect for dipping and so addictive. You will want to make as many as you can so you don't run out of bread chips before you run out of dip!
I made these bread chips over the holidays and they were a huge hit with my sister in law. So much so, that when she went home, she messaged me later that she had made them and took them into work to share with her co-workers.
Making these buttery garlic bread chips was as easy as buying a French Baguette, slicing it thin, and coating it with a lot of melted garlic butter. While many people may do something with what bread they have leftover from a meal, I promise, you will regret not using a whole loaf to make this recipe. As a matter of fact, you may want to buy two loaves!
I sprinkled the topside of the chips with a little pink Himalayan salt and then baked them in the oven until toasty brown. When they came out of the oven, we could hardly wait to get our fingers on them!
I am a huge garlic lover and as far as I am concerned, you can't have enough garlic. A couple of family members complained about the smell (Grumpy included). So, if you have any sensitive noses in the house when baking these, I highly recommend running the cooktop fan or, if you can crack a window, do so!
I wanted really buttery chips so I went very heavy on the butter. As far as I am concerned, everything is better with real butter! I like to use my silicone brush when basting my chips. It's easy to clean and does not retain the garlic odor.
Many people may think only about making bread chips or croutons with day old bread. However, this is a delicious and inexpensive way to have bread chips for your favorite dip. So, just buy a whole loaf for this recipe 🙂
Tips for making Buttery Garlic Bread Chips
- Use a French Baguette for the best "finger food" sized chip
- Slice the baguette thinly. The thinner you slice, the quicker it will be ready as well as easier it will be on the teeth!
- Be generous with the butter and garlic! That is what these chips are all about!
- Serve them up with some delicious dips at your next game day party. Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Dip or Sweet-Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip are two delicious ones to try!
- You may also like this Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip from Renee's Kitchen Adventures (I know I do!)
🍽 Serve with...
These bread chips are great to serve with your favorite dips and work for making bruschetta because they hold up well. We also love to spread yummy Mom's Easy Cheese Ball Recipe on them.
📚 Related Recipes
Buttery Garlic Bread Chips
- 1- lb loaf French baguette thinly sliced
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Himilayan Pink Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thinly slice French Baguette.
- Place bread slices on large cookie sheet.
- Put garlic through garlic press and put in microwave safe dish with butter.
- Microwave 30 - 60 seconds, until butter is melted.
- Brush butter garlic mixture over bread slices with pastry brush.
- Lightly sprinkle buttered bread slices with salt.
- Place in oven and bake 7-10 minutes, until bread crisps are golden brown.
- Store chips in airtight container.