This Spicy Asian Venison Bowl recipe is made with perfectly cooked venison stew meat tossed with a generous amount of delicious spicy sweet Asian sauce. It is served next to a bed of scallion jasmine rice just waiting to soak up all that delicious sauce!
Game meat couldn't be any tastier! we are huge fans of Spicy Asian recipes, so making one with venison was bound to happen yet again! This recipe is just one of several venison recipes that we love to enjoy on a regular basis in our home!
I'm always looking for ways to satisfy our taste buds with wild game meat. I love my venison stew recipe, but I really do like to eat something other than stew with it.
We had just a few packages of stew meat in our freezer and since we had just eaten stew last week, I wanted to come up with something else. I thought about the Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips but an Asian flair was my craving.
Another great Asian style recipe is this Venison Satay!
So, I got creative. I pulled out my ingredients I use for Asian recipes and decided to go with a jasmine rice that was tossed with scallion greens as the starch to go in the bowl with our meat. The result? Grumpy loved it. How do I know? Because he ate the leftovers! Yes. Grumpy is not a leftover eater, so when he ate the leftovers the next night, I knew this was a winner!
Grab your chopsticks, prep your sauce and get that rice a cookin' because you are not going to want to let this recipe slip you by! No worries, if you are not a venison fan, beef will substitute just as well in this recipe!
Spicy Asian Venison Bowl
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb venison steak sliced
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease or other cooking oil
- 5 green onions sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black bean chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cook jasmine rice according to the package. Once completely cooked, toss with 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops (the green part).
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together beef broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, and black bean chili sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a hot skillet, add bacon grease or cooking oil, green onions and garlic. Saute 1 minute until garlic begins to brown. Add stew meat and stir-fry 4-5 minutes. Add sauce mixture and bring to a quick boil. Simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.