Fresh cooked Shrimp Salad Rolls in a mayonnaise based dressing flavored with fresh lemon juice, tarragon, and parsley and served on a buttery toasted hot dog bun will make your #WeekdaySupper quick, easy and delicious!
Weekday Suppers can be a real challenge for a lot of people. There are all kinds of obstacles that make supper the hardest meal to deal with on the week day. For me, its not having enough time because of my commute home from work and being too tired at night to want to deal with clean up. That is why I love it when I find a recipe that is good for a couple of days! These Shrimp Salad Rolls are just that!
For two people, this made a couple of quick week night dinners that made us feel satisfied after dinner and saved me a ton of clean up work. It also went really well with a glass of Sauvingon Blanc!
Canola mayonnaise makes this a lower calorie version. I never used it before I made this recipe and I will likely use it all the time now. While it is a little thinner than regular mayonnaise, it still has all the flavor. I loved the freshness the tarragon gave the shrimp salad. Tarragon is an herb I haven't used much of in the past but I will definitely be looking for ways to use it more after this recipe!
What are some of your favorite Weekday Supper meals? I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below and let me know!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, chopped
- ¼ cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lettuce Leaves
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- Butter Spray
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon rind, lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, salt and pepper together. Add to chopped shrimp and toss.
- Spray each side of a hot dog bun with butter spray (5 sprays each side) and grill on hot griddle. Line hot dog bun with lettuce leaf and place ¼ of shrimp mixture in hot dog bun. Serve.
Check out the other WeekdaySupper posts this week!
Monday - Balsamic Burgers with Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce by The Redhead Baker
Tuesday - Llescas - Catalan Bread Pizza by Caroline's Cooking
Wednesday - Shrimp Salad Rolls by Grumpy's Honeybunch
Thursday – Lobster Tacos with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
Friday – Shrimp Scampi over Linguine by Planet on a Plate