Shrimp and Avocado Chaffle Sandwich first appeared on Low Carb Maven where I am an author.
This Cajun-flavored Shrimp and Avocado Chaffle recipe is a delicious low carb sandwich made with simple ingredients! Full of tasty ingredients like shrimp, creamy avocado, and crispy bacon, this Keto diet recipe can be prepared ahead of time and assembled later, making it an easy portable meal.
❤️ Why you'll love Shrimp and Avocado Chaffles
Ketogenic diet friendly: A basic chaffle recipe is the perfect vehicle for sandwich bread and the entire sandwich is just 5 grams of net carbs per serving.
Easy recipe: All you need is a few minutes to whip up the chaffle batter, cook the shrimp, and assemble the sandwich. It's a quick-fix meal for those busy days when time is of the essence.
Perfect size: the mini waffle iron makes the perfect size chaffle for this sandwich, and it is extremely. satisfying.
Avocado oil: Olive oil can be substituted
Ripe Avocado : the avocado adds texture, healthy fats, and fiber to the sandwich.
Bacon Scallion Cream Cheese Spread (optional)
🔪 How to make Cajun Shrimp and Avocado Chaffle
Prepare the chaffle:
- Preheat mini waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 4 large eggs.
- Add 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 tsp cajun seasoning to the beaten eggs.
- Pour ¼ cup of egg mixture to the center of preheated mini waffle iron. Cook until the chaffle is browned and light goes off on the waffle iron.
- Repeat with the remaining egg and cheese batter.
For the shrimp:
- In a large bowl, add prepared shrimp and toss with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shrimp with bacon grease or avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shrimp is opaque. Remove cooked shrimp from skillet and set aside. Let cool if desired.
Assemble the sandwich:
- Spread bacon scallion cream cheese (if using) over one side of a chaffle.
- Layer the cajun shrimp, crispy bacon, sliced avocado, and red onion on top of the chaffle bottom layer.
- Cover with another chaffle.
Dash Mini Waffle Maker
¼ measuring cup
Refrigerate: store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
Reheat: warm shrimp, bacon and chaffle in the microwave or air fryer or toaster oven.
💭 Chaffle Making Tips
- Spray mini waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray before making chaffles to prevent sticking.
- There is no need to use almond or coconut flour to make the keto chaffle. As the chaffle cools, it firms up and is the perfect vessel for the sandwich
📚 Related Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Chaffles are a delicious way to use leftover rotisserie chicken and make your tastebuds happy!
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Alfredo is a one dish meal the whole family will love.
This Almond Flour Bread recipe is the perfect vehicle for your next avocado toast meal!
Waffle Egg Sandwiches are made with a cheese waffle and is low carb - perfect for your next brunch!
Everyone loves this Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe!
🍽 Serve with..
These Cajun Shrimp and Avocado Chaffles are a great way to enjoy lunch or dinner. They are excellent served with a side of Keto Zucchini Chips!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Shrimp and Avocado Chaffle Sandwich
- ¼ measuring cup
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cajun Flavored Chaffle
- Whisk together 4 large eggs. Add 2 cups low moisture mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon of the cajun seasoning. Pour ¼ cup of cheese and egg mixture on a mini waffle maker. Cook until the chaffle is browned. Repeat with the remaining egg and cheese batter.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp and toss with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook with bacon grease in a skillet over medium-high heat until shrimp is opaque. Remove cooked shrimp from skillet and set aside. Let cool if desired.
- To assemble the Chaffle Sandwich: Spread bacon scallion cream cheese over one side of a chaffle. Layer the shrimp, bacon, avocado, and red onion on top of the chaffle. Cover with another chaffle. Serve as desired.