I love shrimp recipes, especially when there is pasta involved! This Shrimp with Spinach and Pasta recipe is a healthier recipe with a little spice and fresh spinach stirred in.
This tasty shrimp pasta recipe is ready in just 20 minutes if you are looking for easy fast dinner recipes packed with flavor that are better for you, then you need to look no further!
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ This delicious dish packed with shrimp will become your new favorite full of fresh flavor that you can feel good about feeding the family
✔️ There is very little prep time for this easy shrimp pasta dish and it is ready for the table in just 20 minutes.
✔️ It is made with a healthier pasta lowering the carbohydrates that makes it a great dish to serve to those watching their carbs.
Pasta of your choice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Canned diced tomatoes
Dried Italian seasoning
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, the oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Simmer on medium low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and spinach and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the shrimp is just cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp mixture from the heat and add the drained cooked pasta to the sauce, tossing until well combined.
- Stir in ¼ cup of heavy cream for a creamy sauce.
- Substitute white wine for the chicken broth.
- Add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika to give the dish a delicious smoky flavor.
- Leaving the tails on the shrimp might look nice, but since they are inedible, I would remove them. Rather use the tails and shells to make your own homemade shrimp stock.
📚 Related Recipes
If you like shrimp recipes with extra heat, try this Shrimp Fra Diavolo.
A delicious keto, low carb delicious recipe, Spinach Artichoke Dip makes a great appetizer or snack.
Healthy Breakfast Tacos are packed with flavor and super easy to make.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve this shrimp pasta recipe with a green side salad and crusty bread.
🏫 The last word
This is a healthy shrimp pasta recipe similar to Shrimp Diavolo, but made with with baby spinach, healthier pasta, and without the extra heat.
The pasta used in this recipe is a lower-carb pasta option. Using any different type of pasta will change the carb count in the nutritional analysis.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Shrimp with Spinach and Pasta
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces low carb pasta , cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion , diced
- 4 large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 cups baby spinach
I made this tonight and followed the recipe exactly as stated except I upped the red pepper flakes to a half of teaspoon. Also used whole wheat pasta. It was so good! We had to stop eating it. Served with a green salad and toasted ciabatta bread, it was the greatest!
Shelby Law Ruttan
Hi Rebecca, Thank you so much! I see you didn't leave a star rating, would love if you would add that to your review. Thank you so much again, So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Shelby
This looks amazing Shelby! Dreamfield's pasta is pretty amazing too! I know my family would LOVE me if I made this for them for dinner one night! YUM!
I made this recipe last night exactly as written except I upped the red pepper flakes to a half of teaspoon. It was excellent! Also used whole wheat pasta.Loved it!
Hi Shelby! I found this recipe via Pinterest. It looks really good!! I am not a "regular cooker" and I have to follow recipes exactly and literally. Couple of questions: the recipe calls for adding "the tomatoes, wine, tomato paste" and I don't see these items listed in the ingredients. What amount do I need of each of these items? Thanks so much for your help!
Hi Rae! I have updated the recipe. My bad! I just automatically typed what I saw not what I used and missed the tomatoes! lol I used chicken broth instead of wine as I don't have white wine in the house too often. Either would be good!
Thanks Shelby! I can't wait to try this out... 🙂
Looks delicious! I hear you about a blogging slump!
We seem to have been in a rut of repeats ourselves... all delicious - but not necessarily worth repeating. That said, you've made a variation on one of my favorite pastas. Thanks for sharing your shrimp Diavolo with Presto Pasta Nights. It just might be what's on our table tonight.
Grumpy hates it when I get in a "repeat rut" but until he starts cooking himself he has to deal with it until I get inspired. ha ha. Hope you enjoyed if its what you made!
Good for you for sticking to the plan Shelby. Pasta is definitely versatile and this dish looks delish.
Looks yummy!! My mother in law made the same thing last night for diner!
Thanks Katie, it was yummy! 🙂 It was a nice change from the alfredo type sauces that Grumpy prefers and we will definitely have it again.