I love shrimp recipes, especially when there is pasta involved! This Shrimp with Spinach and Pasta recipe is a healthier recipe with a little spice and fresh spinach stirred in.
This tasty shrimp pasta recipe is ready in just 20 minutes if you are looking for easy fast dinner recipes packed with flavor that are better for you, then you need to look no further!
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ This delicious dish packed with shrimp will become your new favorite full of fresh flavor that you can feel good about feeding the family
✔️ There is very little prep time for this easy shrimp pasta dish and it is ready for the table in just 20 minutes.
✔️ It is made with a healthier pasta lowering the carbohydrates that makes it a great dish to serve to those watching their carbs.
Pasta of your choice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Canned diced tomatoes
Dried Italian seasoning
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, the oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Simmer on medium low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and spinach and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the shrimp is just cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp mixture from the heat and add the drained cooked pasta to the sauce, tossing until well combined.
- Stir in ¼ cup of heavy cream for a creamy sauce.
- Substitute white wine for the chicken broth.
- Add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika to give the dish a delicious smoky flavor.
- Leaving the tails on the shrimp might look nice, but since they are inedible, I would remove them. Rather use the tails and shells to make your own homemade shrimp stock.
📚 Related Recipes
If you like shrimp recipes with extra heat, try this Shrimp Fra Diavolo.
A delicious keto, low carb delicious recipe, Spinach Artichoke Dip makes a great appetizer or snack.
Healthy Breakfast Tacos are packed with flavor and super easy to make.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve this shrimp pasta recipe with a green side salad and crusty bread.
🏫 The last word
This is a healthy shrimp pasta recipe similar to Shrimp Diavolo, but made with with baby spinach, healthier pasta, and without the extra heat.
The pasta used in this recipe is a lower-carb pasta option. Using any different type of pasta will change the carb count in the nutritional analysis.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Shrimp with Spinach and Pasta
- 8 ounces low carb pasta , cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion , diced
- 4 large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 cups baby spinach