This Sex on the Beach Cocktail is exactly what it sounds like. Fun, flirty, and delicious! It is made with orange and cranberry juice and spiked with rum and peach schnapps. This fruity drink will make those hot days and nights a whole lot more fun!
I started making this cocktail recipes about 12 years ago. I remember making it on Friday nights after getting home from work we would sit on the front porch in the shade with this cool icy drink and relax.
Sex on the Beach sounds a little uncomfortable. But, I'm betting it was an attention grabber because of its name! This drink is usually served in a highball glass, but accomodate any way you need to (as you see I did in a few photos). They are garnished with an orange slice and go down real smooth. Not as uncomfortable as the name sounds!
What I like best about this drink is you can adjust the sweetness to your own preferences. It is reminiscent of a vodka and cranberry with a little peach schnapps and orange juice added. And, in my opinion, it is best when shaken, not stirred!
This is as simple as adding to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake it up until frosty!
No cocktail shaker? Add it to a glass with ice and stir.
💭 Top Tips
- For a sweeter drink, make sure to use cranberry juice cocktail instead of cranberry juice.
- If it still is not sweet enough, the peach schnapps can be increased to 1 ½ shots.
- Use a pulp free orange juice for best results.
- Make it a slushy drink. Pour the ingredients and ice in a blender and blend until the ice is crushed. Add more ice if needed to make the drink frostier.
- For a more sour drink, substitute grapefruit juice for the orange juice.
- Give it a more tropical feel and use pineapple juice in place of orange juice.
- Try it with rum or tequila instead of vodka.
🥃 More Drink Recipes
*If you made this Sex on the Beach Cocktail recipe, please give it a star rating*
Sex on the Beach Cocktail
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 3 ounce vodka
- 1½ ounce peach schnapps
- glass with crushed ice
- Place some ice in a cocktail shaker. Add the orange juice, cranberry juice, vodka, and peach schnapps. Shake until frosty.