This coconut lime rum drink recipe is a frosty, refreshing cocktail bursting with lime juice and creamy coconut lime flavors. Made with simple ingredients, the tropical flavor and icy texture of this tasty drink is perfect for hot days.
The best part of this cocktail is the tropical sweetness and tangy fresh lime juice blended with it making it a frosty, slushy drink. Sweetened condensed milk ads a touch of sweetness and creaminess to this coconut rum drink.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Tropical flavor: it is tangy and sweet with plenty of coconut and lime flavor.
Versatile: it can be made with or without the rum so the entire family can enjoy it.
Coconut cocktail: It is a coconut lime flavored cocktail that will refresh you on a hot day!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Fresh limes. Look for heavy limes that give to a touch and has a distinct lime scent when the skin is scratched lightly.
Coconut water. Be sure to buy water, not coconut milk. Coconut water is clear and looks like water (unless you buy an added flavor to the water).
Sweetened Condensed Milk is what gives that milky color to the rum refresher. I like to use this brand in a squeeze bottle for easier storage after use.
Granulated sugar is needed to add sweetness to the beverage.
Ice, you can use cubed or crushed.
- Clean the limes with a food safe cleaner. I like to use this fruit and veggie wash.
- Cut the limes into 8 sections each.
- Place the limes in the blender. Add the water, coconut water, rum, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, until the limes are broken down into small pieces.
- Pour the drink from the blender into fine mesh strainer over a wide mouth pourable mixing bowl.
- Rinse out the blender and return the coconut lime mixture back into the blender.
- Add the ice and blend until frosty. Transfer to a serving glass.
Store any leftover rum drink in the fridge up to 3 days. This drink can also be frozen. Remove the drink from the freezer and partially thaw. Then blend in the blender to make a slush.
- Use a pineapple flavored coconut water in place of plain coconut water.
- Substitute coconut cream or cream of coconut for the sweetened condensed milk.
- Make this juice keto friendly and sugar free by using powdered monkfruit in place of the sugar and 3 tablespoons of this sugar free condensed milk.
- Blending the entire lime (rind and all) is the secret to the incredible flavor and gives the best results for this drink and it is a highly recommended step.
- Juicy limes work best in this drink, look for limes that have some weight and will give with a gentle squeeze.
📚 Related Recipes
I love this Classic Mojito.
If you love recipes with condensed milk, then you will love this Pumpkin Pie recipe!
Pina Colada Freeze is another frosty tropical drink.
This Key Lime Pie is tangy, sweet, and delicious!
You will love this creamy Coconut Lime Margarita made with silver tequila.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve this cocktail with a lime wheel and a straw!
🏫 The last word
This recipe is basically a Brazilian Lemonade made into a cocktail by adding rum to the ingredients! Blending the drink with ice turns it into a slushy drink, however it can be mixed together and served over top of ice instead of blending.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Coconut Lime Rum Drink
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wash the limes. Cut both ends off lime to remove nubs. Slice 3 of the limes into 8 sections.
- Place the sectioned limes in a blender. Pour in the water, rum, coconut water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. Blend for 2 minutes, or until limes have broken up into small pieces.
- Strain the chunks through a fine meshed sieve into a bowl. Rinse out the blender and return the strained mixture to the blender. Add the ice and blend until frosty. Serve with a lime wedge.