The Lemon Drop Martini recipe is one of my very favorite drinks to make at home. It is super easy and only requires 3 ingredients! It is a refreshing vodka drink with a sugar rim and lemon wheel garnish.
Whether you're celebrating a holiday relaxing at home at the end of the day, this Lemon Drop Martini is an excellent vodka drink to enjoy. It's both sweet and tangy, making it a delicious drink with a little bit of pucker.
🍸 The Martini Experience
I have loved martinis for a long time. One of my favorite martini drinks is a Dill Pickle Martini. I have had several classic martinis and fruity martinis but until a few years ago, I had never tried a lemon drop martini.
I went to a Brazilian steakhouse with some friends for a Christmas celebration. One of my friends ordered a Lemon Drop Martini. I decided to try it myself since I am a martini fan, and I've loved them ever since.
I recently moved to the Raleigh area in March and since moving here we have had a few scorching days. At least, scorching for this former northern climate girl! I decided on one of those hot days to try making my own at home and have made them several times since. These are SO good!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
The ingredients for this drink are pretty simple and basic. Below is what you will need to make this zingy and sweet refreshing drink.
Lemons, fresh lemon juice is best for this drink and I highly recommend you squeeze and strain your own lemons.
Vodka, use good quality vodka. Check out this article on the best vodkas for martinis.
Simple Syrup, this can be bought at the store, but you can easily make it on your own. Just mix together equal parts sugar and water. Simmer over the stove until the sugar is dissolved. Cool completely before using.
Sugar, using a nice coarse sugar is great for rimming the glass.
Citrus juicer, I love this wooden one. It's super easy to store and cleans easily.
Cocktail shaker, I use this one.
- Using a citrus reamer, juice the lemons over a strainer in a one cup measure.
- Edge the rim of the martini glass with a lemon slice.
- Dip the rim of the martini glass into the granulated sugar. Set the glasses aside.
- Pour the lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until the cocktail shaker is icy on the outside.
- Pour the martini into the prepared martini glasses. Garnish with a lemon twist or wheel.
💭 Top Tips
- Look for lemons that are firm but will give when gently squeezed
- Microwave the whole lemon (before cutting) for 10 to 20 seconds to get the most juice from the lemon.
- Use absolut citron vodka for more lemon flavor.
- Substitute the lemon juice with lime juice.
- Use maple syrup in place of the simple syrup.
- Mix 1 teaspoon lemon zest in with the rimming sugar.
- Add 2 ounces triple sec or cointreau (an orange liqueur) in place of the simple syrup.
- Make the Martini with sugar free simple syrup for a low carbohydrate drink. (get 10% off your order at the link when you use the code: grumpyshoneybunch)
- Instead of a lemon wheel, garnish with a lemon twist or lemon wedge.
More Martini Recipes
Dill Pickle Martini (similar to a classic martini with a dill pickle twist!)
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
Lemon Drop Martini
- Using a citrus reamer, juice and strain the lemons in a one cup measure.
- Edge the rim of the martini glass with a lemon slice. Dip the rim of the martini glass into the rimming sugar. Set the glasses aside.
- Pour the lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until the cocktail shaker is icy on the outside.
- Pour the martini into the prepared martini glasses (or any cocktail glass). Garnish with a lemon wheel.