The perfect Lemon Drop Martini recipe is has just enough sweet with just enough sour, and it is one of my favorite cocktail recipes! It has the perfect balance of sweet and sour flavors and is one of the most simple drinks to make requiring only 3 ingredients.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Simple ingredients: home bartenders can make this easy cocktail recipe with vodka and fresh ingredients.
Classic cocktail: Martini recipes are classics and this lemon drop recipe is a citrus take on that classic martini with fresh lemon flavor and one fans of sweeter drinks will love
Happy hour: enjoy happy hour right at home any night of the week with this fabulous cocktail
The ingredients for this drink are pretty simple and basic. Below is what you will need to make this zingy and sweet refreshing drink.
Lemons: fresh lemon juice is best for this drink and I highly recommend you squeeze and strain your own lemons.
Vodka: use good quality smooth vodka. Check out this article on the best vodkas for martinis.
Simple Syrup: this can be bought at the store, but you can easily make it on your own. Just mix together equal parts sugar and water. Simmer over the stove until the sugar is dissolved. Cool completely before using.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Sugar: I like to use a coarse sugar for the sugared rim but feel free to use superfine sugar if that is what you have.
Ice: for shaking the cocktail and getting it cold.
Lemon wedge or lemon peel: for garnish
- Place cocktail glasses in the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Using a citrus reamer, juice the lemons over a strainer in a one cup measure.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of juice onto a small plate and 1 tablespoon of sugar onto a second small plate.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Pour the lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka into the cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker is icy on the outside.
- Remove the martini glasses from the freezer and dip the rim of the martini glass into the juice then dip the rim of the glass in the sugar.
- Garnish the martini glass with lemon slice and set the glasses aside.
- Pour the lemon martini into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist or wheel.
Citrus juicer, I love this wooden one. It's super easy to store and cleans easily.
Cocktail shaker, I use this one.
Refrigerate: store any leftover lemon juice in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days
Freeze: store in a freezer safe container in the freezer up to 3-4 months
To use: use thawed juice as directed in recipes
- Use absolut citron vodka for more lemon flavor.
- Substitute the lemon juice with lime juice.
- Use maple syrup in place of the simple syrup.
- Coat rim of the martini glass with corn syrup and crushed lemon drop candies in place of the sugar.
- Make a homemade lemon sugar rim by rubbing the lemon zest with the sugar to infuse more lemon flavor.
- Add 2 ounces triple sec or cointreau (an orange-flavored liqueur) in place of the simple syrup.
- Make the Martini with sugar free simple syrup for a low carbohydrate drink.
- For a fun garnish, top the martini with off with a lemon curl.
- Look for lemons that are firm but will give when gently squeezed
- Microwave the whole lemon (before cutting) for 10 to 20 seconds to get the most juice from the lemon.
📚 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve with...
Enjoy this mixed drink at the end of the day or as part of your next party fare.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Lemon Drop Martini
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Using a citrus reamer, juice and strain the lemons in a one cup measure.
- Edge the rim of the martini glass with a lemon slice. Dip the rim of the martini glass into the rimming sugar. Set the glasses aside.
- Pour the lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until the cocktail shaker is icy on the outside.
- Pour the martini into the prepared martini glasses (or any cocktail glass). Garnish with a lemon wheel.