Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts are moist, delicious, and full of citrus flavor! These donuts are made with a ricotta batter surrounding fresh berries buried in a bright citrus glaze making this a perfect spring breakfast to wake up to!
These fresh raspberry donuts are perfect for a springtime breakfast. The citrus flavors in the glaze complements the berries and the cake has a light and airy texture. They would be great to serve at showers, for Mother's Day, or just a weekend brunch right at home!
Why I made Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts
I am always looking for ways to make recipes with raspberries. They are Grumpy's favorite fruit and of course, I like to make him happy! Baking donuts is so much easier than deep frying, and if you want to add fresh fruit to a donut, well, baking is the only way to go!
There is a definite real feel to the term "Spring is in the air." It literally is the refreshing breath of air you feel when the snow is melting and the air is warming up. To me that is what spring feels like. A wake up from the world of cold sleep. Citrus flavors go great with spring because they also "wake up" what they surround. Like thes Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts!
Baked Donut FAQ's
Baked donuts are much like a baked cake. It will depend on what your ingredients are. These particular donuts have fresh fruit in them. Because of this, moisture in the donut will make it soggy. I highly recommend eating these within a couple of days. Store any uneaten donuts in the refrigerator.
The best pan is a non stick baking pan. I love the personally Wilton baking pans.
Yes, once your donuts are completely cooled, you can freeze any that you are not able to consume. It is ok to freeze them with the icing on. When you are ready to eat them, just remove from the freezer about 30 minutes prior.
How to make Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Preheat your oven and prepare your baking pan.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray your baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine your dry ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients.
- Combine your wet ingredients.
In a separate mixing bowl, add your wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Create a well in your dry ingredients.
Using a mixing spoon or spatula, pull the dry ingredients from the center of your bowl towards the edge of the bowl to form an empty "well" in the center of the bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the well you created in the dry ingredient bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Add your berries and batter to the baking pan.
Place about 3 individual raspberries around the center of the donut hole in your baking pan.
- Pipe the donut batter into the baking pan.
Using a pastry bag, squeeze the batter into the donut well and over the raspberries.
Bake donuts at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Make your lemon glaze.
While the donuts are baking, mix together your glaze.
- Cool and glaze.
Flip the donuts out onto a cooling rack and let cool.
Enjoy your Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts. Store any uneaten donuts in the refrigerator.
You may need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Grumpy’s Honeybunch Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
I absolutely LOVE my Wilton donut baking pans! They work perfectly and I never have a problem with my donuts sticking. They are easy to clean and take up little storage room in my cookie sheet cabinet. I highly recommend the particular pans I used for this reason!
How many Raspberry Baked Donuts did this recipe make?
This donut recipe made 6 large donuts and about 2 dozen mini donuts. The mini donuts I did not put raspberries in. You would likely get 1 to ½ dozen donuts if you made all large donuts.
More baked donut recipes you may enjoy
Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Donuts
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl whisk together egg, ricotta cheese, oil, and lemon juice. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into the hole and stir together until well combined.
- Scoop batter into a piping bag or a heavy duty freezer bag and snip a bottom corner with scissors. Arrange raspberries in donut pan.Squeeze out batter evenly into prepared donut pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few moments and then flip over onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For Glaze: Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Add more sugar for thickness, more lemon juice for thinness. Drizzle glaze over doughnuts. Let stand until glaze has set before serving.