A chocolate baked doughnut enhanced with McCafé Colombian Coffee and then dipped in a chocolate mocha glaze for that double chocolate mocha effect creating a drool worthy treat to enjoy with your morning cup!
I am a pretty picky girl when it comes to my coffee. I like a medium to dark roast best. What is funny is that I never was a "real" coffee drinker until I met Grumpy. After we started living together I had to put to use that coffee pot that I usually only pulled out when Dad was around. I remember many evenings on the front porch with a hot cup of cappuccino and Grumpy and every morning since we've been together has been a fresh brewed cup or two of coffee.
When I found the McCafé coffee made with 100% Arabica Beans in my local Wal-mart I decided that I was going to have to give it a try. I will admit, the packaging certainly attracted me, however, my affection of coffee, the fact that there were 8 different flavors made me decide I just had to try it! Kind of funny how that works isn't it? However even better, the coffee sold me once I tried it. I picked out two bags, one of the Colombian (medium to dark roast) and a French Vanilla. Every once in a while Grumpy will like a flavored coffee and French Vanilla is always his choice.
|I found my McCafé Coffee in the same aisle you would find the tea, hot cocoa and creamer at my local Wal-Mart.|
The McCafé Coffee also comes in coffee pods which would be my choice for my friend Jill's gift! Because Jill loves our kitties so much and is such a great friend for taking care of them for us, I thought it would be great to put together a gift basket that included some McCafé Coffee Pods for her the next time we visited.
What would you do for your best friend who would go above and beyond to do something for you? Would you make that friend these Baked Chocolate Mocha Doughnuts?
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glaze ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons brewed McCafé Colombian Coffee
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray a doughnut baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour through salt together to combine. Add milk, mayonnaise, coffee, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fill each doughnut cavity ½ full with batter and bake 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool doughnuts in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
- Assemble glaze by stirring together coffee, milk, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and of dipping consistency. Add more powdered sugar or milk as needed.
- Dip doughnuts top half in glaze then sit back on cookie rack to allow to dry. Top with sprinkles if desired.