This Blueberry Banana Bread recipe is a delicious moist bread packed with banana flavor and studded with fresh blueberries. Sweetened only with pure maple syrup, this take on the classic banana bread recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
It is an easy banana bread recipe that you will want to make often. It is perfect for snacking, to pack in lunch boxes, or to serve guests with a hot cup of coffee.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It is full of delicious fresh berries and topped with a sugared walnut topping, making it an extra special banana bread recipe!
- It is a new recipe that will become one of your favorite quick breads and is perfect for snacking!
- This is the best banana bread and is a great way to use up those ugly brown bananas on the counter!
- Enjoy a slice of bread packed in your lunch box (or your kids lunchbox!)
- You can feel good about the fact the only sugar is in the topping (and you can leave that out if you want).
Bananas: this is a great recipe to use extra ripe bananas!
Maple extract, this will boost the flavor in the bread. It is also what makes the loaf just a little darker in color.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and maple syrup.
- Using a hand whisk, beat in the egg and mashed bananas. Add the maple extract and milk and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Transfer the banana bread batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Toss the walnuts with the sugar and arrange on top of the batter with a few extra blueberries. Sprinkle any sugar left in the bowl on top of the bread.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from the bread pan and return to the rack to cool completely.
Large rubber scraper
Store the bread wrapped in aluminum foil or in an airtight container on the counter up to 5 days. The whole loaf or individual slices can be frozen up to 3 months.
You can make simple changes or additions to this bread to match your own tastes. Below are a few swaps and great additions to the bread recipe!
- Use vanilla extract in place of maple extract.
- Make mini loaves or muffin tins for individual serving sizes.
- Substitute coconut sugar or brown sugar for the walnut topping.
- Stire in ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Make the ingredients are all at room temperature. This will ensure the batter doesn't curdle or separate.
- Melt the butter in the mixing bowl before adding the maple syrup (to save dirtying dishes!)
- Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and store them in a ziploc bag in the freezer so they are ready to pack into lunches.
📚 Related Recipes
Maple Walnut Banana Bread is another family favorite!
Maple Cupcakes are delicious single serving sized cakes with incredible flavor.
Best Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze is a personal favorite!
If cookies are your thing, then you need to try these Banana Cake Cookies with Chocolate, Walnuts, and Cardamom.
🍽 Serve with...
This bread is delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or spread with a thin layer of butter with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Blueberry Banana Bread
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray inch loaf pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and the syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas. Stir in the maple extract and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and stir into the banana mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Arrange blueberries on top. Mix the nuts and sugar, then sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.