This Maple Walnut Banana Bread is a sugar-free quick bread, sweetened only with pure maple syrup. Its delicious banana flavor is complemented by the lightly sugared walnuts that top the loaf. This recipe definitely belongs on your list of banana breads to try!
If you've been looking for something to do with some over-ripe bananas, then you have found your final destination! Maple Walnut Banana Bread was the perfect solution for me take my mashed bananas and create a few loaves of this aromatic and delicious bread. This bread is perfect for a snack, with a cup of coffee, or even to pack up in someone's lunch box!
Why I make Maple Walnut Banana Bread
There are two main reasons I make this recipe. One, I grew up in Northern NY where maple syrup flows a lot like water in a running brook. There are plenty of maple syrup producers from my hometown. My dad made syrup for a while, and I have other family members who still make it every year. It's the best stuff in the world and if you have never tried it, you are completely missing out! I guess I would have to say maple syrup runs in my blood!
Another reason I will make a loaf or two of this bread is because Grumpy absolutely loves banana bread. And, I love that it is a sugar-free quick bread only sweetened with pure maple syrup. I am known to buy extra bananas just to let them get overripe so I can make a few loaves!
Yes, the type of flour you use can affect the end result. All-purpose flour is the best type to use for this banana bread. If for instance, you were to use cake flour, then you would be changing the element of the recipe and you may have a gummy result with the bread.
First of all, the top of the loaf should not be wet. If it is, it's not done. I test for doneness on the inside of the loaf by inserting a toothpick into the loaf. If it comes out clean, or with a few crumbs, I consider it done.
It is likely you over mixed it. Banana Bread is a quick bread and should be treated more like a muffin when blending the ingredients. You should u0022foldu0022 the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Not beat.
Related Recipes you may like
- Cherry Coconut Banana Pecan Loaf
- Classic Banana Bread
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pina Colada Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Maple Walnut Banana Bread
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas, leaving a few small chunks. Stir in the maple extract and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir into the banana mixture until just moistened. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Mix the nuts and sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake 50 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling. When completely cool, slice and serve.