These Peppermint Brownie Bites are made with one of my favorite candies ever buried in the brownie batter. It's hard to resist the fudge brownie surrounding the peppermint patty baked right in!
Sometimes a girl just has to have her chocolate. You know, as long as it is in moderation, right? Well, to control the eating of these peppermint patty stuffed brownies, I did share them with my neighbor. Let me tell you, they definitely are yummylicious!
Sometime before the Christmas holidays I came across a Holiday Cookies magazine from America's Test Kitchen. That is where the recipe for the Macadamia Eggnog Creams came from that I shared with our cookie exchange this year. I was looking through the book the other night and I decided, these don't have to just be for the holidays! Every single cookie in this book looks awesome and it is my plan to make every single one of them.....over time of course!
I had some leftover peppermint patty candies from Christmas I decided to start with these Peppermint Brownie Bites. I have made a brownie similar to this before - with the peppermint patties in them, but they were heavy and dense and made me not really care for them.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 Fun Size York Peppermint Patties , unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing excess foil to hang over pan edges. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Microwave butter and chocolate in a separate bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool slightly, 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together in large bowl. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Measure 1 cup of batter and set aside. Pour remaining batter into prepared baking pan, arrange peppermint patties on top of batter, spacing ½ inch apart. Smooth remaining batter over candy.
- Bake 30 minutes, until just set in the center. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan and cut into squares.
Such a great combo and these brownies looks amazing!
Yum!! What a great dessert!
Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors...love the idea of peppermint patties "hiding" in my brownie batter!
Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen
I'll always say yes to a brownie!