The next time you have chocolate mint craving, make these mint-infused Junior Mint Brownies! Fudgy brownies crafted with melted Junior Mints, they are perfect for indulging after dinner or sharing at gatherings, these decadent treats are best enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
❤️ Why you'll love it
Irresistible flavor combination: it offers the perfect balance of chocolate and bursting mint flavor.
Portable: these brownies are easily portable and perfect for potlucks and picnics.
Versatile: Easy to change the junior mint to another candy that will melt easily with butter!
Junior mints: these are small-size mints coated in pure chocolate
Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine butter and mints in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or mints and butter are soft. Remove from microwave and stir together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, add sugar, unsweetened cocoa, egg, and egg white. Using an electric mixer, combine wet ingredients at medium speed until well-blended.
- Add melted chocolate mint mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture mix brownie batter at at low speed just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, scraping sides and bottom with a rubber scraper. Decorate top of brownies with extra junior mints, if desired.
- Bake brownies at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely on a wire rack.
Square pan (8 x 8 inch)
Glass measuring cup (or microwave safe bowl)
Dry measuring cups
Large mixing bowl
🥫Storing Junior Mint Brownies
Room temperature: store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Freezer: store in a freezer safe container up to 3 months.
- Substitute andes mints or mint chocolate chips for the junior mints.
- Junior mints also make specialty flavors! Try the junior caramel or peppermint crunch in place of the mint.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon peppermint extract for a more intense mint flavor.
- To measure flour, use a tablespoon and stir the flour, then lightly spoon flour into the dry measuring cup. Do not tap cup, this will pack too much flour. Rather, once cup is filled, use the handle of the tablespoon to scrape across the top of the measuring cup, removing excess flour from cup.
📚 Related Recipes
If you love cakey brownies with an intense chocolate flavor, try these Mocha Fudge Brownies.
This peppermint brownie recipe is made with a single layer of york peppermint patties in the center of the brownie.
Chocolate lovers will love these Chocolate Cream Puffs with chocolate cream filling and fresh strawberries.
Chocolate mint creams are fudge cookies with a creamy pastel mint is a decadent combination of mint and chocolate.
Nobody can resist these Chocolate fudge brownies!
These Keto Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are perfect for chocolate mint fans following low carb diets.
🍽 Serve with..
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating