These keto friendly Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are a sugar free, gluten-free recipe full of chocolate and mint flavors. These are the best soft cookies to celebrate the holidays, from Christmas time to St. Patrick's day.
Cookies are so fun to make and share with friends and family over the holiday months. And, if you have any keto, low carb, or gluten free people in your life, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is for them.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ With only 2 net carbs per serving, you can enjoy these mint chocolate chip cookies guilt free!
✔️ Mint chocolate lovers will love these double chocolate cookies packed with mint chocolate chips.
✔️ You can mix and match your favorite sugar free chocolate chip flavors.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Butter: I used unsalted butter. Melted coconut oil would be a good substitute if you cannot eat dairy.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: I used dark chocolate in the cookie dough and mint white chocolate chips stirred into the cookie itself.
Sugar-FreePeppermint chocolate chips
Mint Extract: This is added to the cookie dough to boost the mint flavor.
Almond Flour: Use a finely ground almond flour. I highly recommend this one.
Powdered Sweetener: I went with this powdered sweetener because I feel it has the best texture in the cookie.
Cocoa Powder: I used regular cocoa powder, however, dark or dutch cocoa can be used also.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave safe medium bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in 30 second intervals. Stirring between each interval until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well blended. Whisk in the melted butter and chocolate mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sweetener, almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Stir until no dry parts remain. Stir in the mint chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, measure dough portions onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie lightly a silicone spatula lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake the cookies for 7 minutes, or until cookies are just browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to an air tight container.
Baking Sheet: Use a baking sheet that will fit a dozen cookies on it comfortably.
Parchment Paper: I always use parchment paper when baking cakes and cookies. It helps prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week and in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Substitute 3 tablespoons of all-natural peanut butter for the 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips that are melted with the butter.
- Substitute vanilla extract for the peppermint extract.
- Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts to the cookie dough.
- Use vanilla extract and milk chocolate chips and add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the almond flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon espresso powder with the dry ingredients.
- Substitute ⅓ cup of crushed sugar free hard peppermint candies for the mint chocolate chips.
- Instead of transferring cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack, allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet. Trying to move the cookies while hot may cause them to fall apart due to the nature of their ingredients.
- This recipe can easily be adapted for a regular diet also by using powdered sugar and regular chocolate chips. Making this a grain-free recipe still, but not necessarily sugar-free. Whichever way you prefer, or need to make the recipe, it will work either way.
📚 Related Recipes
Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups are a fun and delicious way to enjoy a cannoli style sugar free cookie.
Keto Raspberry Muffins are a delicious for breakfast or snacking.
Gluten free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are made with just 3 ingredients!
Try these Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze, delicious and bursting with berries and citrus flavor.
Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Thumbprint Cookies are a shortbread cookie with a strawberry rhubarb filling.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies with a glass of your favorite milk or with a scoop of sugar free ice cream!
🏫 The last word
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Keto Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in 30 second intervals. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until incorporated. Whisk in the butter and chocolate mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sweetener, almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Stir until no dry parts remain.
- Stir in the mint chips. Scoop 1 tablespoon dough portions onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie lightly. Bake for 7 minutes, or until cookies are just browned around the edges.