Full of buttery garlic flavor, this Garlic Shrimp Zoodles Saute brings you a high protein, low carb, stove-top meal that is quick and easy to put on your table any night of the week!
Quick and easy, zucchini noodles, aka zoodles are easy to make right at home, or now days, you can also just buy them premade right in the store! All it takes is a few minutes to cook your garlic shrimp and saute the zoodles. Before you know it you have an easy weeknight that will definitely satisfy you!
Choosing your summer squash
These "zoodles" are made with green and yellow zucchini and some spiralized red onion to add a little more flavor. I have had a spiralizer for a while now and I decided with the fresh produce in the market, it was about time I got around to making some zucchini noodles, or in other words, zoodles!
You can still make Garlic Shrimp Zoodles even if you do not have a spiralizer! Just slice the squash and onion into thin slices. 🙂 However, if you don't have a spiralizer I highly recommend you get one! There is so much fun to be had with them and they make amazing Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries!
You might have plenty of squash in your garden right now. Or, someone you know is trying to get rid of their abundance! If so, this is a delicious, quick, and easy way to use some of them!
What to serve with Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
Garlic Shrimp Zoodles Saute is light and delicious. However, we still like to enjoy a light dessert once in a while. A great dessert recipe that compliments the meal would be these delicious Low Carb Lemon Curd Thumbprints! If your not low carb, but would still like to enjoy a dessert afterward, try this recipe for No Bake Lemon Cheesecake!
Garlic Shrimp Zoodles Saute
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Heat 1//2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook until no longer translucent (they will be pink). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan. Add onion and squash.
- Cook over medium heat, uncovered until squash begins to turn soft. If squash releases a lot of water, drain as much liquid as possible from pan and return to heat.
- Cook another minute or two and then season to taste with garlic salt and pepper.
- Divide squash between 4 dinner plates and top with cooked shrimp.