This Egg Salad Recipe with Green Olives is a delicious sandwich filling, cracker topper, or can be enjoyed as part of a green salad. It is a naturally low carb keto recipe with zero carbs per serving!
This Egg Salad recipe can be enjoyed at any time of day! It is great on toasted bread. I love to enjoy it on this Keto Almond Bread for Toasting recipe. Or, as a part of lunch with this Keto Slider Bun.
My non-keto family loves to make a sandwich with this Homemade Soft White Bread. Egg Salad sandwiches make a great portable lunch that is filling and tasty.
A long time family favorite
All my childhood, the Classic Egg Salad recipe was one of my favorite sandwich fillings. Mom always would stir some sliced green olives into the mixture, adding a touch of salty, briny flavor. I loved biting into the sandwich and getting that toothsome bite from the green olive.
Mom made egg salad sandwiches because they were economical, but also because we just planed loved them. I remember her packing up a lunch for us to take to go berry picking in the summer and we always had egg salad sandwiches as a choice.
What is great about this keto egg salad recipe is that it is naturally low carb! With our keto lifestyle, this low carb egg salad is one of the number one go-to recipes to make for something delicious, quick, easy, and inexpensive.
What you need to make this Egg Salad recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
This is probably the most simple and affordable sandwich filling to ever make. I prefer it over tuna fish any day. The hardest part might be peeling the hard-boiled eggs. Sometimes I am egg challenged that way!
The good part is, the egg whites don't have to look perfect like I would like them to when making my favorite deviled eggs recipe! Below is what you need.
Large Hard Boiled Eggs: to get perfectly boiled eggs, put the eggs in the saucepan, run cold water over top to just cover.
Bring the eggs to a boil then turn off the heat immediately. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Remove hot water and cover in cold ice water. Perfectly cooked every time!
Seasoned Salt: I like an Everyday Seasoning grinder salt that I buy from Trader Joes. You can also buy it online if you don't have a Trader Joes close by. However, you can use whatever seasoning salt you have in your home as well.
Cayenne Pepper: I like the tiny hit of heat this gives as well as the flavor.
Mayonnaise: I only use full-fat mayonnaise.
Green olives with pimentos: I like to buy presliced, but whole pimento-stuffed olives work fine and just slice them up yourself.
Make this recipe your own
There are SO many ways you can doctor up this egg salad recipe to make it fit your own flavor profile favs. Below are a few ideas to consider.
- Add a tablespoon of finely chopped green onions, finely chopped celery, or carrots for added crunch.
- Stir in a teaspoon of yellow mustard. We also love this Sweet & Spicy Mustard. I usually find it on the top shelf in the condiment aisle of our grocery store (may not be available in all stores).
- Use a mixture of green and black olives.
- Substitute full-fat Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise and add a teaspoon of lemon juice to thin it out.
- Add a tablespoon of dill pickle relish.
- Stir in two cloves of freshly minced garlic.
- Serve it over a bed of lettuce and sprinkle it with crisp cooked bacon, or stir the bacon in and make a sandwich.
- Substitute regular salt and pepper for the seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
Mom's Italian Style Deviled Eggs are perfect bites of deviled eggs. They are so delicious that you can't stop at just one.
Bacon Deviled Eggs are a take of bacon and eggs in deviled egg form. This is another delicious deviled egg that is hard to resist
Buffalo Style Stuffed Eggs are a delicious keto snack for the buffalo flavor lovers.
Keto Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Jalapeno is a delicious keto side dish for summer picnics or potlucks.
Keto Potato Salad has a mixture of delicious ingredients, including hard-boiled eggs. I feel it is the egg in this recipe along with the dressing that gives it a real potato salad taste, without the potatoes.
*If you made this low carb keto egg salad recipe, please give it a star rating*
Egg Salad with Green Olives
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Add the eggs to a medium-sized mixing bowl and coarsely chop.
- Season the eggs with seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the green olives and toss to combine ingredients.
- Stir in the mayonnaise until combined.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.