Garlic Scallion Noodles
- [mv_schema_meta name="cook aromatics"]Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat and cook until melted and bubbly. Add the white parts of the scallion and the garlic. Stir fry for 12 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic. [mv_img id="26786"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="make the sauce"]Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and brown sugar to the butter mixture in the skillet and stir well to mix. [mv_img id="26787"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="toss in noodles"]Add the noodles and toss well evenly distribute the sauce on the noodles. Sprinkle with the green parts of the scallion to garnish. [mv_img id="26788"]
Tips and Substitutions
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half before cooking them. This will eliminate long strands that is hard for the kids to handle.
- Swap out the spaghetti noodles for ramen noodles or lo mein noodles.
- If you want to reduce the sodium in this recipe, use Coconut Aminos in place of Soy Sauce.
- Substitute 1 shallot for the green onion.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger along with the garlic in step
- If you want to reduce the amount of sugar, either cut it down to 1 tablespoon or substitute a brown sugar substitute.
- Add shrimp or chicken to the noodles for a complete meal. Fry the protein first in 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, with salt, pepper (to taste), and one tablespoon of soy sauce. Add back to the noodles just prior to serving.