English Muffin Tuna Melts are an open faced sandwich recipe made with tuna salad and topped off with melty cheese. It is easily made in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer and ready in just 10 minutes!
I love having fast to fix and delicious lunch recipes on hand and this english muffin tuna melt is a take on the classic tuna melt made as an open face sandwich.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ The english muffin stays nice and crisp while the cheese is melty and lightly browned.
✔️ It is a quick and easy tuna melt recipe that can be made in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer!
✔️ It is made with ingredients that are generally on hand at all times.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
English Muffins, choose a good quality english muffin. I prefer this brand as it does not curl when toasting
Canned Tuna (or pouch), I prefer to use solid white albacore packed in water. Be sure to buy a 6 ounce size.
Mayonnaise, I prefer this brand
Red onion, used for flavor and color
Celery, used for texture and color
Provolone cheese used for melting qualities and flavor
Black pepper, used as an optional seasoning
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the tuna, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, and freshly ground black pepper (if using). Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place english muffin halves on sheet pan or air fryer tray cut side up.
- Place ¼ of the tuna mixture on each half, then top with 1 slice of cheese.
- Cook the tuna melt in the oven or air fryer for 5 minutes, until english muffin is toasty and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Baking sheet, if using the oven
Air Fryer (if using air fryer to cook
Store any leftover tuna salad in the fridge up to 3 days.
Substitute swiss or cheddar cheese for the provolone
Substitute a good sturdy bread in place of the english muffins
- For an extra crispy tuna melt, use a slightly toasted english muffin prior to adding the tuna salad and cheese. Then cook as directed.
📚 Related Recipes
Try this healthier version of Tuna Noodle Casserole!
Breakfast Bruschetta is a savory english muffin open faced breakfast sandwich, one of my personal favorites!
Another delicious way to enjoy tuna salad is in this Tuna Crescent Roll Braid.
🍽 Serve with…
Serve these tuna melts with a side of potato chips, a green salad, or your favorite potato salad.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
English Muffin Tuna Melts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slighty toast english muffin in toaster to draw some of the moisture out.
- Spread ¼ cup of tuna on each side of english muffin, cover with slice of provolone cheese and bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble and brown.