Not too long ago I was lucky enough to receive some All-Bran cereal compliments of FoodBuzz Tastemaker Program and Kelloggs.  Muffins, as many of you know, are one of my favorite things to make and have for breakfast.  Bran, being at the top of the list!

Since we have been eating pretty low carb I decided that introducing some carbs back into our diet, I should go with some higher fiber, whole wheat muffins.  We had friends over for the weekend and breakfast was going to be eggs over easy, turkey sausage, and these yummy muffins!  I want to thank FoodBuzz Tastemaker Program and Kelloggs for sending the All-Bran cereals (wheat flakes, nuggets, and shreds).  This was my first of many recipes I will be making using the cereal!

Cranberry-Pecan Muffins

1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups All-Bran Orginal
1-1/2 cups fat free milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl mix 2 cups All-Bran Original cereal and 1-1/2 cups milk.  Let sit 2 minutes or until cereal has softened.  Add eggs and oil and beat well.  Stir in cranberries and pecans.  Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.  Using 1/3 cup measure, place in muffin cups lined with paper liners.  Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  Serve warm.

1. Fallon May 2, 2010 at 3:06 pm - Reply

MM I love bran muffins too!

2. pegasuslegend May 2, 2010 at 3:38 pm - Reply

you did a great job on using their product these look perfect for a commercial 🙂

3. Kathleen May 2, 2010 at 5:53 pm - Reply

I love bran muffins too! These sound really delicious. I love the addition of cranberries.

4. Flourchild May 2, 2010 at 7:47 pm - Reply

Oh thank you for the muffin recipe. We are eating low carb over here too! My daughter is insilin resistantI think I told you) now so we have to watch it carefully.Anyways any low carb yummy looking treats are a hit with us!

5. Frieda May 2, 2010 at 10:55 pm - Reply

What a nice addition of adding cranberries! I, too, got the All-Bran from FB, and will be posting my recipe soon~

6. Cristine May 3, 2010 at 1:00 am - Reply

These muffins look and sound amazing!

7. Mags May 3, 2010 at 1:30 am - Reply

You know I'm a muffin freak. I'll be trying this recipe soon!

8. Lynda May 3, 2010 at 2:16 am - Reply

I haven't made Bran Muffins in ages, for some reason. I need to remedy that after seeing these yummy ones! I love your addition of dried cranberries…Yum!

9. Maria May 3, 2010 at 3:47 pm - Reply

These are my kind of muffin!

10. Pam May 3, 2010 at 5:20 pm - Reply

These would be the perfect weekday morning breakfast. They look healthy and delicious.

11. Jessie May 3, 2010 at 9:55 pm - Reply

what a great way to start off the day with these tasty and healthy muffins

12. Barbara @ moderncomfortfood May 3, 2010 at 9:56 pm - Reply

This has all the ingredients that I love in a muffin. I'll definitely put these in the oven on our tradition, big Sunday breakfast/brunch. Many thanks for sharing!

13. grace May 4, 2010 at 9:23 am - Reply

mah-velous muffins, madam! i don't necessarily like bran cereal with plain ol' milk, but you'd better believe i'd enjoy it like this!

14. Lana @ Never Enough Thyme May 4, 2010 at 12:53 pm - Reply

I got the All-Bran from Foodbuzz, too, but haven't decided on anything to cook with it. Now I know…these muffins! Love the combination of cranberries and pecans. Might toss in a little grated orange rind, too. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!