This is a recipe from years ago out of what was formally Light & Tasty Magazine and I believe is not Healthy Cooking - a Taste of Home magazine. I used to make this dish often but since moving to Albany hadn't done so....and that has been almost 2 years ago already! Time sure does fly! I have blogged this before, but because it was in my early days and the photos weren't spectacular, I decided to blog it again with some new photos!
This is a creamy, cheesy, and slightly spicy dish and I'm so glad that I remembered and made it again as it is one of my favorites.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 ounces dry linguine , cooked according to package
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups fat free half and half
- ¾ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in the butter for 1 minute, until onions begin to soften. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth; whisk into the skillet, scraping up any browned bits.
- Bring the cream mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the cheese just until melted. Return the shrimp to the pan and heat through.
- Toss the drained linguine with the shrimp mixture.