Sesame Peanut Noodles is lower fat recipe made with hot noodles tossed in a sweet and spicy peanut sauce. It is pure comfort food it's nutty flavor and toothsome pasta.
Made with simple ingredients, this family favorite is delicious hot or cold, can be a great side dish or a complete meal when you add chicken or shrimp.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ This noodle recipe can be made into a main dish by adding chicken or shrimp.
✔️ It has the perfect balance creamy sauce and chewy noodles.
✔️ Sesame peanut butter noodles are perfect for meal prep.
- Spaghetti noodles: you can use whatever type of noodle you like. Regular spaghetti noodles, rice noodles or soba noodles.
- Reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- Sugar free ketchup
- Hoisin Sauce, this is an asian ketchup found in the Asian section of your grocery store.
- Reduced sodium soy sauce, regular soy sauce can be used as well but the sodium content increases.
- Light brown sugar, adds sweetness to the creamy sauce.
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Green onions
- Red pepper flakes
- Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer hot noodles to a large bowl.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- In medium pot over medium low heat, combine peanut butter, ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Heat the sauce until just warmed and well combined.
- Pour peanut sesame sauce mixture the hot noodles. Toss with tongs until noodles are coated.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Toss ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper and 1 cup shredded chicken into the noodle mixture.
- For bolder flavors, whisk one minced garlic clove and 12 teaspoon fresh ginger into the sesame peanut sauce.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon chili sauce for the red pepper flakes.
- The key to success with this sesame noodle recipe is to make sure the noodles are hot when the warm peanut sauce is added. This will make a creamy delicious sesame noodles recipe.
📚 Related Recipes
Cabbage Noodles with Bacon is pure comfort food.
Try this Honey Sesame Chicken as a main dish to these creamy noodles.
Keto peeps will love this Keto Sesame Chicken recipe.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve this noodle dish as a side to any of your favorite Asian main dishes, grilled chicken or shrimp.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Sesame Peanut Noodles
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 oz. dry spaghetti noodles
- ⅓ cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free ketchup
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Note: I added some cooked chicken breast tenders to this dish to add some protein. If your counting points, please allow for what chicken you add to the dish.
- Update: I have made this and added chopped cilantro and chili pepper flakes to the mixture since my first posting. If you are a cilantro lover, then the addition will take this recipe over the top for you without added points!
- Cook pasta according to directions. Let cool 10 minutes.
Mix peanut butter through sesame oil together in saucepan and heat until just warmed and well combined. Pour over noodles and sprinkle with scallions.
Life Tastes Good
This is sooo easy!! Looks delish and love that it is healthy too!
Anytime I see sesame oil and peanut butter together, I know it's a great tasting dish! So tasty! Way better than take out too!
I love peanut butter noodles. this sounds like a great recipe, it just might be lunch tomorrow! TFS
From Valeries Kitchen
I am so in love with peanut sauce! This looks easy and wonderful!
The only problem I can see is that this small portion wouldn't be enough to satisfy me. Once I get the taste of sate and noodles, I just want to keep eating. The temptation is too much.
I've never seen ketchup as an ingredient in peanut noodles. Sounds intriguing, maybe I'll add a few the next time I make them.
I love peanut noodles! They're so simple but filling and delicious!
These noodles do look freaky'good...slurp!
This looks delicious but I wonder if I can substitute almond, cashew or another nut butter for peanut? I have a bit of an intolerance to them.
oooh! what's not to like!! gorgeous photo too 🙂
Like you, I'm a huge peanut butter fan, and this recipe sounds super exciting. Only wish I had had time to read it earlier in the day so I could have made it for dinner! Oh well, there's always tomorrow night 🙂
Yum yum YUM -- this is one of my very favorite dishes, and yours looks so perfect and delectable!!
I love this and the fact that it is a healthier version!
I love low-cal pad thai! Yum.
yum! i would never know this is WW!
Those sound so good! They sound kind of similar to the Thai Peanut Noodles that Kate makes, which I also love, so I'll have to try these ones. Mmmm...kinda craving them right now. Wanna bring me dinner? 😉
Oh, yummy looking noodles!! I love recipes like these!
I just wanted to stop by and say hi! I stumbled across your blog through a couple other blogs I follow. I love all your post and pictures!