Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe is a complete meal in one dish, my favorite way to cook dinner! Skillet meals are easy and convenient, especially on weeknights when you are short on time and energy. This Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe made with Simply Potatoes®, is a perfect solution to your need for a delicious and satisfying meal on those nights!
With our low carb lifestyle, we don't keep potatoes in the house too often. They tend to go bad before I actually can cook them all. However, Grumpy loves his potato and that is one thing he wants as a special treat. Happily, for us both, Simply Potatoes have given us a solution to that very problem and helped me to make our treat meal easier to put together on work nights.
With just two of us in the house, I want the freshest food for our meals. Simply Potatoes come fresh, never frozen, and go from farm to fridge, to fork! It's easy to just open the bag and cook. Much less mess than peeling and dicing on my own!
I start by putting the diced potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving on high for about 5 minutes. While the potatoes are precooking, you will saute your onion and Kielbasa in your skillet with some butter and mix up your mustard sauce. Once the potatoes come out of the microwave you toss them with the kielbasa mixture, add the sauce and simmer for about 10-15 more minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
At the very end, you toss in the fresh spinach and cook until it wilts, about 2-3 minutes more. The spinach may seem like too much when you put it in the skillet, but I assure you, it will wilt up and then seem like it's not much at all!
This recipe makes enough to serve 6 people. Since there are only two of us in the house, this particular recipe makes it easy for us to have an awesome dinner one night and have leftovers for lunch the next day!
We were very satisfied with this meal and it will now be in our rotation on a potato night!
So what are you waiting for? Print the recipe below and let me know how you liked it!
Pin it! Potato Kielbasa Skillet!
Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Potatoes:
- 1-20 ounce package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes
- ⅓ cup water
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Truvia Brown Sugar or 4 Tablespoons regular brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ pound smoked kielbasa cut into ¼-inch slices
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place diced potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add water. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are in the microwave, Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large hot skillet, add butter, turn heat down to medium high, and melt until hot and bubbly, being careful not to burn. Add onion, kielbasa, and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent and kielbasa begins to brown. Remove potatoes from microwave and drain any remaining water. Add potatoes to the skillet and cook until potatoes are completely cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Add sauce to potato mixture and toss to coat evenly. Add spinach, cover skillet with a lid and let simmer for 2 minutes, until spinach has wilted, tossing once or twice during the cooking time. Serve.
- I highly recommend using a large skillet. When you add the spinach, you are going to need the room.
- Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Potato Keilbasa Skillet - Grumpy's Honeybunch Nov. 5, 2020 - Reply
This was wonderful! I used an Apple & Gouda Cheese sausage & also a little smoked paprika in the mix. We loved it!! Thinking of chopping an apple & tossing it in the next time. I love anything with wilted spinach to that was a plus for me.
Try this recipe. You won't be disapponted!!
Judy in Oregon
Shelby Law Ruttan
Hi Judy, you just made my mouth water! Thank you for stopping by! Shelby
This recipe is awesome!
Oh my, the recipe looks delicious and healthy!
Great time saver using the potatoes. I'm all about homemade deliciousness that's quick!
Yum these look so good!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons
I love how simple this is!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
Pre chopped potatoes definitely makes things easier!
Those potatoes make such a nice quick addition. I would love eating this on a busy night!
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
This looks excellent! Gotta try it soon!
This looks amazing!
Megan @ Megunprocessed
Sounds like some great recipes!
Looks delicious! Will have to make this for my family.
Love using the Simply Potatoes to save time!