I love it when I find a new recipe that is really super yummy and this cod dish is just that! Of course, for me, the fact the recipe had cilantro in it is what intrigued me to begin with. Grumpy, who thinks I am infatuated with cilantro (well, I am!) even liked the butter. This was quick, easy and a great weeknight dinner.
Grumpy's favorite fish is cod, so I used cod in this recipe although you could use any mild white fish such as flounder or tilapia. If you like the flavors of cumin, cilantro, and lime, you will love this recipe!
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-6oz cod fillets
- cooking spray
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon rated lime rind
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of fish. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray; place in pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- While fish is cooking mix together softened butter, cilantro, lime rind, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Place fish on serving platter; squeeze lime quarters over fish and serve with cilantro lime butter