Banana Chocolate Marbled Bundt Cake
By adapted from Baking and Boys
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1-½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pureed banana
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Strawberry Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a non-stick bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt 4 ounces of dark chocolate in microwave safe bowl at 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in medium size bowl. Whisk to combine then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and bananas and mix until combined.
- Add flour and sour cream alternately, starting with flour and ending with flour, stirring until just combined.
- Pour ½ of the batter into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Add the two batters by heaping spoonfuls alternately around the pan in layers until both batters are used. Swirl all the way to the bottom of the pan with a knife to marble the cake.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Set cake on cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan to finish cooling.
- Drizzle with strawberry glaze (or glaze of your choice) or leave plain!
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 20 mins.
Tags: Banana, Chocolate, Cake, Bundt, Strawberry, Secret Recipe Club
This is just gorgeous! This would be fantastic for breakfast!
Oh, man. With strawberry glaze?! Promise me this: when we move to upstate NY & you bring goodies over for our housewarming, you'll include this in the basket! lol 🙂
This looks delicious! and I love that you used whole wheat flour, sour cream and bananas! Strawberries and chocolate belong together - and in a cake makes it even better!
I love the Neapolitan take on this cake! It looks so moist!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
Oh yeah, this is totally going on my list to make! I LOVE the strawberry-banana combination. This looks so moist too. So glad you got Katrina in the SRC! She is one of my fav bloggers!!
What a wonderful way to use up bananas!
all my favorite flavors in one cake! love it.
Life Tastes Good
Can't go wrong with strawberry, chocolate and bananas! yummm I'm looking forward to trying this! pinned, stumbled and all that jazz to make sure I can find it next time have some bananas that need to be used!! Thanks, Shelby!
Great bundt and a wonderful round-up. Blessings, Catherine