Banana Chocolate Marbled Bundt Cake
By adapted from Baking and Boys
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1-½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pureed banana
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Strawberry Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a non-stick bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt 4 ounces of dark chocolate in microwave safe bowl at 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in medium size bowl. Whisk to combine then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and bananas and mix until combined.
- Add flour and sour cream alternately, starting with flour and ending with flour, stirring until just combined.
- Pour ½ of the batter into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Add the two batters by heaping spoonfuls alternately around the pan in layers until both batters are used. Swirl all the way to the bottom of the pan with a knife to marble the cake.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Set cake on cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan to finish cooling.
- Drizzle with strawberry glaze (or glaze of your choice) or leave plain!
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 20 mins.
Tags: Banana, Chocolate, Cake, Bundt, Strawberry, Secret Recipe Club