Italian Shrimp Pasta with Spinach and Asiago Cheese is super flavorful Italian style meal that is ready and on the table in under 30 minutes. Bursting with flavor from garlic and asiago, this recipe is a perfect main dish, one bowl recipe for lunch or dinner.
Making Recipes Your Way
This Italian Shrimp Pasta recipe was inspired by a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis as I watched her make something similar on a tv show one day. What she made sounded and looked so delicious I wanted to make it. However, I didn't have all the ingredients she used to make her dish.
So, I went with what I had and came out with a dish that was delicious on my own. I went with spinach as it is one of hubby's favorite veggies and I tossed in asiago cheese, which is a favorite of mine. The combination was so good we had it later again the next week!
What You Need To Make Italian Shrimp Pasta
Bowtie Pasta is what I had on hand, but a spiral pasta or cavatappi would be great as well.
Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Asiago Cheese is similar to parmesan cheese but not quite as dry.
Tips, Recommendations, and Substitutions
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and toss it with the cooked pasta to keep it from sticking together while you are preparing the rest of the meal.
- Measure the cherry tomatoes before cutting them in half.
- Substitute parmesan cheese for the asiago cheese.
- Use bay scallops in place of the shrimp
- Substitute ½ teaspoon garlic powder for the garlic cloves
More Italian Style Recipes You May Enjoy
*If you made this recipe for Italian Shrimp Pasta, please give it a star rating*
Asiago Shrimp Pasta Bowl
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, and cooked shrimp and cook 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts and shrimp is warmed
- Add the cooked pasta and toss.
- Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid.