This Hamburger Soup recipe is a quick and easy soup recipe ready in 30 minutes. This hearty and comforting soup recipe made with lean ground beef and veggies that makes an easy weeknight dinner and will receive rave reviews from the whole family.
This is a hearty hamburger vegetable soup recipe is a one pot meal that satisfies hungry bellies. It makes a complete meal with a small green salad and a slice of homemade bread or warm crescent roll.
❤️ Why you will love this recipe
30 minute meal: This easy hamburger soup recipe is ready in just 30 minutes and makes 4 generous servings!
Veggie packed: Hamburger soup is packed with plenty of frozen veggies and bring warmth on a chilly day.
Versatile: this recipe that can also be made in the slow cooker or instant pot.
Lean ground beef: For this hamburger soup, I like to use an 85/15 ratio of hamburger meat. It adds flavor without adding too much fat.
Yellow onion, garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper: for flavor
Diced tomatoes and beef broth: are pantry staples that add to flavor and texture.
Frozen vegetables:I like to use frozen mixed vegetables for ease and they fiber to the soup, as well as extra bulk.
Italian seasoning: is added for flavor.
Bay leaf: is added while the soup is simmering and removed before serving.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute 1 pound of ground beef with the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, breaking the meat as it cooks, until the beef is browned. Drain any excess fat from beef.
- Stir in the tomatoes, better than bouillon, vegetables, and hot water. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Soup pot: at least a 4 quart sized pot should be used.
Meat chopper: this is an excellent tool to use to break up and stir the ground beef.
Chef knife: for chopping the onions and garlic.
Soup ladle for serving from the pot to the bowl.
I love these white soup bowls!
Refrigerate: stored in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Freeze: store in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
Reheat: gently reheat soup in a large pot on the stove top or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave until warmed through.
- Substitute 1-8 ounce can of tomato sauce for the tomatoes and spice the soup up a teaspoon of chili powder.
- Spice the soup up a teaspoon of chili powder.
- Add some extra fiber to the soup and stir in a can of white beans or kidney beans.
- Add 1 cup cooked barley for added bulk and fiber.
- If you have leftover potatoes, dice them and add them to the soup or add ½ cup of dry pasta such as elbow macaroni for to make it even heartier.
- For a thicker soup, add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
📚 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve with...
Serve with a green salad, sliced bread, or a grilled cheese sandwich.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Easy Hamburger Soup
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until the beef is browned. Drain any excess fat from beef.
- Stir in the tomatoes, better than bouillon, vegetables, and hot water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.