Roasted Tomato Soup Shooters with Brie Grilled Cheese Bites are a homemade gourmet grilled cheese and soup appetizer recipe filled with flavor. You have sweet, creamy, salty, and crunchy filling your senses for pure satisfaction. Paired with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc puts it right over the top perfect!
For the month of January, the Virtual Supper Club group decided to celebrate "A Late Night Tapas with Beverage Pairing". At first I wanted to make a beverage to go with my tapa but in the end decided that the best drink to serve with these shooters and grilled cheese bites would be a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Tapas, appetizers, small plates, this is the way I absolutely love to eat. Small bites of a little bit of everything giving me variety and the ability to try everything I want to without over stuffing myself. Personally, I think this is how we should eat all the time!
My recipe I am sharing is an adaptation of Cooking Light's Roasted Tomato and Garlic Soup recipe. I found this made the soup super creamy and think I prefer it this way myself. Grumpy on the other hand loves tomato soup with rice, so I now have a recipe I can use to make for his liking for future reference and will not blend it all together for him.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Roasted Tomato Soup Shooters
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE SOUP
TO MAKE THE SOUP
- Melt the butter n a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, until the rice begins to brown.
- Add the garlic to the rice and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper to the rice and bring the rice mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 40 minutes, until rice is cooked. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer ½ of the soup mixture to a blender. Blend on low speed until smooth.
- Strain the soup through a fine sieve over a bowl; discarding the solids. Pour the soup into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup mixture.
- Return soup to the soup pot and and add the heavy cream. Garnish with chives (if using).
TO MAKE THE GRILLED CHEESE CROUTONS
- Evenly spread the butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Lay 2 slices of bread, butter side down on a hot skillet over medium high heat.
- Evenly distribute the cheese on top of the bread, then top with the remaining bread, butter side up.
- Cook for two minutes on each side, until golden. Cut each sandwich into quarters, then cut each quarter into quarters. There should be 16 croutons per sandwich and 8 croutons per serving.